Need your help to surprise son for b-day :)

cjankowski

Hi

My son's birthday is Sept 1. I would like to give him some items, book, small replica ship or other things about the SENSATION cruise ship. Does anyone know where I can find something?

We have cruise planned for Nov and we want to give him this surprise at his party. Neice and son are kind of figuring something is up, so we thought this would be a good time to inform them of our plans.

Thanks for any help or ideas that you can lend.

www.carnivalfuntees.com has a few items you can personalize.

I'd make him a basket full of nautical and beach items he can use on the cruise. Throw in a Carnival brochure from a TA.

Also on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CARNIVAL-SENSATION-PORCELAIN-MINI-SHIP-FIGURINE-11-INCH_W0QQitemZ380145822751QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item588274ec1f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

What if you could get your hands on some Capers from the Sensation? I think that would be a great thing to give him. But that is just my opinion. I have a couple from a 3 day from last year I would be happy to send ya but I don't have all 3 days.

Or if you go through and gather some pics from Sensation online and photo shop his face into some of them...I think that would be fun too! But then I like silly things... so...just offering some suggestions.

Kelly

For Christmas I gave my son a cruise. the only problem was we left like 5 days later!!! Inside the box was an inflatable cruise ship. I bought it on ebay but I think you can find on Carnival website. We sailed the Fantasy and I bought a blue Fantasy beanie bear that someone sold on ebay. I also bought on ebay a Carnival coupon book. Some are not appropriate for kids so instead you could make a fake Soda card and put inside. I bought a scrapbook box at Walmart and wrapped it up. Then we used the box to put our capers and other stuff inside. At the bottom of this I will put a nice website about the Sensation that you could print off parts of. I also included a diagram of the ship, luggage tags, Since we were driving Santa brought him a 12 pack of soda and a bunch of candy to take. Right now is a great time to buy new googles and other pool stuff.

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/sensation/sensation.htm

(the presentation is cool)

Not sure if you are planning a party or how old your son will be..but what about a Birthday cake that looks like The Sensation? I'm sure any good bakery can do this with just a picture to go by. I always loved planning theme birthday parties for my son....a cruising theme would be so much fun!:) Which reminds me I need to call the bakery to order DH birthday cake!:eek:

THANK YOU all for the wonderful ideas. I will look into all of them.

Yes - Son (9 yrs) and Neice (11 yrs) are both going on the cruise this time.

Yes - we are doing a party. I have a lady who is going to do a Sentation cake for him.

If you come up with any other good thoughts PLEASE pass them along.

Thanks Carol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived