dunn river falls- on our on or thru cruise line?

megacruiser78

It will be cheaper to do it on your own in Ochos. Just make sure you take an "official" taxi--I believe they are marked Junta. The falls are only about 10 minutes from where you dock. If you are quick you can beat the bus loads from the ship and will be finished before they even make it there!

It only cost $15 to climb the falls and you can stay all day if you choose. There is also a beach at the bottom of the falls to hang out on.

The length of the drive, however, depends on which port you are at. It is about 10 minutes for the Ochos Rios Port but 45 minutes (i think) from Montego Bay.

I heard so many people regretting that they paid for the excursion through the ship.

We went on the Dunn's River Falls & Bamboo Beach Club tour through the ship. We originally had planned on taking a boat to the falls and then going to Margaritaville on our own, but changed our mind after hearing all the excitement about the new beach the Beach Club was located on. Anyway, we went to the Falls first - had an excellent time - and then went to hang out at Bamboo Beach Club. It was at a gorgeous secluded beach called Reggae Beach. We thought it was an excellent value for the money because it included everything - transportation, Falls tickets, food and drinks, plus really great live entertainment. If you're looking for something other than strictly climbing the Falls, I highly recommend checking this tour out.

It only cost $15 to climb the falls and you can stay all day if you choose. There is also a beach at the bottom of the falls to hang out on.

The length of the drive, however, depends on which port you are at. It is about 10 minutes for the Ochos Rios Port but 45 minutes (i think) from Montego Bay.

I heard so many people regretting that they paid for the excursion through the ship.

Quite the opposite here. We did Dunn's Falls on our first cruise and we booked through the ship. I'm soooo glad we did because we ended up getting a flat tire and we didn't get back to the ship until 30 minutes after the ship was supposed to leave! But because we booked through the ship, they waited for us. We docked in MoBay and it took us about 1.5 hours to get to Dunn's Falls and back.

When you get to the falls people will be trying to give you things and saying they are free - NOTHING IS FREE, DO NOT ACCEPT ANYTHING because they will hassel you until you give them some money.

We did ship tour becasue we then did the bobsled (fantastic would go to Jamaica again just to do that), the bus driver also made a stop for people if needed to rent water shoes - these are a must, not flip flops proper beach/water shoes.

Archived