Xcaret with an almost 2 year old?

gkrnjlr

We'll be in Cozumel over Thanksgiving week and we're considering Xcaret. (How do you pronounce this????)

Our daughter will turn 2 about a week after this cruise. Is this an excursion that would be a good option with her in tow?

Thanks.

We were there on our last cruise, although not with a little one. I think it would be enjoyable for her. It's a big park, so there's a lot of walking but there's a wide variety of things to do. They have dolphins you can watch and animals that she would probably like as well.

we spent a wonderful day at XCaret- esh-cah-RET (with slighly rolled R) with our then 2 yo twins and 4 yo several years ago.

we weren't on a cruise though we were staying at an all-inclusive in Playa del Carmen, and stayed late to catch the show at night

there is shade and hammocks and a nice gentle swimming area- maybe not be able to enjoy the underground river tubing but there is lots to do such as the aquarium

have fun!

I agree with the other posters, but wanted to add some details about the underground river. We took our 6 and 8 year olds on this and they both enjoyed it for the first 15 minutes. You float along in your lifejackets in pleasantly cool water. It never gets totally dark. But after that point it started getting boring and chilly for them. There are points when you can get out, but we were concerned about reaching the end and meeting back up with our stuff. I saw younger kids (even babies) along the way and some of them appeared to be enjoying it, but several were fussing.

If I were to do it again, I think I'd skip the river and spend the time at the beach and the exhibits. We didn't get near enough time at these things.

K.

Thank you for all the responses. How does the river tubing work? Does anyone have any pictures of it? Is it something where our daughter would sit with either my husband or myself and ride on our lap? Would she be provided her own life jacket? Not sure we'd do the tubing but I was just wondering after hearing about it.

We've been to Cozumel several times now and have seen this excursion offered, but never really looked into it till now.

Thanks!

no pics- we didn't have a waterproof camera at the time-

you enter and get your tubes and lifejackets- yes your daughter would get one too- and put all your belongings in a bag- then park workers will get your belongings to the exit point where you pick them up- if you decided to exit early not sure how you would get to them

the water is cold-ish and it takes about 30 min which could seem like longer if you tend to get bored or claustrophobic- there are lifegaurds stationed if anyone needs help

we have done it twice- once it was too crowded and you constantly bumped into other tubes and when we went with the kids it was just right

Archived