2 questions about Camp Carnival

2preschoolers

We'll be on the Liberty in January...

DD2 is not yet potty trained but going to try my BEST to do it soon so she can enjoy the pools on our cruise. BUT if she is not potty trained, can I request that they page me if she needs a diaper change or do they automatically change them on their own? She just turned 2 a month ago but she doesn't really like anyone but me changing her diaper.

Other question - are the 2-5 yr olds separate from the older kids? I have seen very few pix of CC but the area looks VERY large and I'm wondering if they keep the little ones separate from the big ones or if it's just one huge room of kids running amuck!? THANKS!

HI ...

I hope I can answer for you, as we are about to go on our 7th cruise with our kids, who are now 14/11/4.

Yes, they will change your child's diaper in Camp Carnival. However, if you want to be called when it is time to change it, you will be given either a pager or a cell phone. The last two cruises we were given cell phones for the duration of our cruise for our child in the 2-5 program.

The 2-5 area is seperate from the other side, on the Liberty. Those children are completely separated from the older 6-8 group. The 9-11 group usually meets in another area, such as the Disco.

There are a few pics of the Camp area on my webshot pages.... hopefully you can find what you are looking for there!

Good Luck and Enjoy!

Catrin

Thank you Catrin! I will go look at the webshots! That is good to know they are completely separate - I was worried b/c I think that my 2 yr old would be very intimadated by a bunch of 6-8yr olds!

And there is no way for them to 'escape' out of there right? They can't reach the door to open it to go outside on the deck or wonder around?

Thank you Catrin! I will go look at the webshots! That is good to know they are completely separate - I was worried b/c I think that my 2 yr old would be very intimadated by a bunch of 6-8yr olds!

And there is no way for them to 'escape' out of there right? They can't reach the door to open it to go outside on the deck or wonder around?

No, the kids can't escape. They have a gate that the kids go through when you sign them in and out of camp.

As for the potty training thing, they are great. My DS was just shy of 3 when we took him on his first cruise and he was almost totally potty trained in the day. But occasionally, he would wait to long and have an accident before he could get his pants down!:p This very thing happened about day 2 or 3 of the cruise. They did not make a big deal at all. They gave him a free Camp Carnival t-shirt, and a spare pair of shorts while they paged me. I brought him clean clothes and he was back to playing in minutes. No tears as it was handled so calmly and professionally.

As for the pool, he was #2 trained long before #1, so I knew there would be no serious accidents. I just took him to pee before we got into the pool - no swimmies allowed, so none worn. Note - the pools are ocean water...ie filled with fish pee!

Just to add my two cents... for the most part the 2-5's were separate, there were a few times when they were up to the 11's, but that was only during the port days when they were open. Generally at night they were all separate... but on another note, from being a nosy nellie, and looking to see the names/ages of the kids my kid was going to be playing with (and quite possibly, at she just turned 5 and was in the older range, accidentially pushing around) from the tags I read, the youngest was age 3. If I had brought my daughter at anything less than age 4, I probably would have kept her with me... the activities are more pre-school appropriate, not toddler age, and while it would have been great to have some alone adult time, I wouldn't want my 5 year old playing with a 2 year old... accidents happen so fast, and usually they're nothing more than accidents... and I would hate for my girl to be responsible for hurting/ruining someone else's vacation.

Archived