Questions about Liberty Western

OK2Cruise

Hi!

Has anybody sailed the Liberty western itinerary lately? I have a few questions and could really use some help! What nights are the elegant nights? We would like to make supper club ressies but don't want to interfere with the first elegant night. Also what have you done in port...particularly Cozumel since we have so much time? Any "don't miss" activities on the ship would be great also. Where did you stay in Miami precruise?

Thanks so much for your help. We are really looking forward to the cruise!

Tracy :D

Hi

I sailed on the Liberty 2 years ago but my itinery was Key West, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios. But i have also visited Cozemel on the Glory last year.

When we were on the Liberty the elegant nights were the evening of the days which were the sea days.

Activity wise

In Ocho Rios we did the Dunns River Falls and Bamboo Beach excursion, booked through Carnival. This was brilliant and climing Dunns River was breathtaking if not a little dangerous!! Then you got to chill on the beach with free food and drink. The water was like bath water.

In Grand Cayman we did the Trolley Roger tour, which was short and cheap and gave a nice insight into the island. We also did some type of boat thing that went under the water and show the fish and ship wrecks, i didnt like this.

When we did Cozumel we went to Paradise Beach. This was one of the best excursions we ever did. It was not booked through Carnival we just got a taxi to take us there.

We arrived at the beach in the morning, got our own little spot with a few sun chairs and tables and chilled all day. You have people who bring you drinks and refreshments and there is also restroom and changing facilities and a resturant if you want proper food, or sit down meal. Try the coconut shrimp, it was amazing!

As well as this on the beach there are other activities. There is a water trampoline and ice burg climbing thingy, you have to pay for a wristband to do that. Some of our party did and loved it. You can also have a massage which i did, $1 a minute and this was lovley. The some of our party hired Jetskis or went parasailing. So there really is something for everyone.

Here is the link

http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/

Hope i have answered some questions!

Hi!

Has anybody sailed the Liberty western itinerary lately? I have a few questions and could really use some help! What nights are the elegant nights? We would like to make supper club ressies but don't want to interfere with the first elegant night. Also what have you done in port...particularly Cozumel since we have so much time? Any "don't miss" activities on the ship would be great also. Where did you stay in Miami precruise?

Thanks so much for your help. We are really looking forward to the cruise!

Tracy :D

DW and I sailed Liberty May 31 this year, Western itinerary. 1st elegant night is Sunday, also lobster and prime rib night. We loved sting ray city and dolphin experience in Grand Cayman.

Stayed at Hampton Inn, Airport South-Blue Lagoon pre-cruise. Free shuttle from airport to motel, and shuttle to port Saturday morning $10pp.

I'm sailing on the Liberty Western itinerary too! I haven't gone yet, but from what I've been reading over the past year or so on these boards, this is what came very highly recommended...

To stay before trip

Holiday Inn Port of Miami. It's very close to the port and it's right across (w/in walking distance) from Bayside Marketplace which has over 96 specialty stores and 14 renowned restaurants.

Cozumel

Chankanaab Park is highly recommended. They have an area to swim with the dolphins and snorkeling. A lot of people take a taxi to a beach and stay there for the day. Paradise beach, Mr. Sanchos, and Nachi all get good reviews and I think they all have an all inclusive option you can buy to cover all of your food and drinks. Isla de Passion sounds beautiful too. That's where they tape the Corona commercials.

If you're in the mood for a margarita, try Wet Wendy's Margarita House. It's a little place near the main square in San Miguel. It's gotten rave reviews on tripadvisor.

Grand Cayman

Swimming with the stingrays is the number one activity. People say it's a once in a lifetime and not to be missed. You can book this through private companies and most will take you snorkeling too.

I've also heard that you should try the rum cakes from Tortuga or Blackbeard's.

Ocho Rios

I've heard good things about Dunn's River Falls, Ziplines, and the jerk chicken. I'm taking a tour with Marva Shaw. It's a dunn's river climb, tubing through the rainforest then to Reggae beach and lunch. I also want to take some school supplies and candy to the local children.

Of course, I can't give you any personal insights since I haven't been yet. But since it's my first cruise, I'm doing a LOT of investigating and these seem to be some of the highlights.

Hope that helps! :D

Archived