Anyone taken these excursions?

Jaymee287

We are having some issues choosing an excusion in Mexico so we have picked 4 to choose from here lol. If you have taken any of these let me know how it went. We are cruising on Carnival and considering a private vendor. So if you know of any good websites for Mexico excursions please post it. Any information you can give will be FANTASTIC. This is our first cruise as well as our first vacation without parents and boyfriends. Please feel free to include your own personal favorite excursions. So please lend your knowledge!!

Cozumel, Mexico

***SEGWAY ADVENTURE & SNORKEL***

This is your opportunity to ride the most exciting human transport vehicle around today, the SEGWAY.

On this excursion you will:

Meet your guide at the pier and follow them a short distance to the starting point.

Be provided an orientation with operating instructions and a safety briefing by your professional guides.

Upon arrival, the guide will provide an orientation to this relaxing spot where you can snorkel.

Be provided a guided snorkeling tour (snorkeling gear is included) and soft drinks.

After approximately one hour, be taken to the pier where your ship awaits.

NOTE: For your safety you must be able to walk unassisted and without any orthopedic device to participate on this excursion.

The minimum age to participate is 12 years old and the maximum age limit is 65 years old.

The minimum weight limit is 80 pounds and the maximum weight is 250 pounds.

This excursion departs from the Puerta Maya pier. If the ship is docked or tendering to a different location, a short walk or taxi ride will be required and will be included in the price.

Please bring a towel and adequate sun protection

Duration: 3 Hours

Pricing From:

Adult: $69

Child: $69

***THREE REEF SNORKELING BY BOAT***

Enjoy a leisurely day at sea on this Caribbean sightseeing and snorkel adventure.

Cruise out from the ship's pier, into the turquoise waters en route to three distinct reef locations where you'll have three varied shipside snorkel adventures.

Gear up and follow your PADI certified guide through the crystal clear waters and over colorful coral reef formations as you explore exotic fish and marine life and experience the mysterious underwater world.

Be provided with a ship’s captain & crew, tour guide, snorkel gear, beverages, snacks and beer after snorkeling so sit back relax and enjoy getting to know this Caribbean island paradise.

NOTEe: Minimum 8 years old to participate. Pregnant women and guests with heart/respiratory conditions, asthma, diabetes, or epilepsy are not permitted on this excursion.

Duration: 3.5 Hours

Pricing From:

Adult: $65

Child: $65

***STINGRAY ENCOUNTER & SNORKELING ***

Meet and interact with stingrays on this safe, fun-filled snorkel adventure.

Take a taxi cab ride (4 guests per cab) to the Stingray Sports Park.

Have a brief presentation on stingrays and your snorkel program.

Divide into small groups and follow your guide into the water to snorkel, observe and if you like, to feed the stingrays.

Stand on a 3 ft. deep platform where the water comes up to your waist and interact with these gracious animals. Or, snorkel with the stingrays in their one-acre water pen enclosure.

Have up to 45 minutes to enjoy the stingrays.

Use the facilities to shower and change clothes after your encounter with these amazing creatures.

Purchase drinks and snacks at the Refreshment Center if you like.

NOTE: Minimum age is 6 years. Pregnant women and guests with back/neck injuries or respiratory conditions are not permitted. Snorkel equipment and a soda/water after encounter are included. Beach towel, sunscreen and/or hat are recommended. Storage lockers are available.

Duration: 3 Hours

Pricing From:

Adult: $59

Child: $49

***DELUXE SAIL, SNORKEL & BEACH PARTY***

What better way to enjoy the beautiful island of Cozumel from both land and sea aboard a 65-ft. ocean catamaran.

Sail off the coast of the island and snorkel the area’s pristine waters.

Swim among fantastic and colorful fish.

After snorkeling, enjoy complimentary beer, margaritas or sodas.

Make your way to one of the island’s beautiful beaches.

Have access to beach volleyball, sea kayaks and beach floats, all included.

Return to the ship after your beach party.

NOTE: Minimum age is 8 years old. Remember to bring a towel and sunscreen.

Pricing From:

Adult: $56

Child: $56

Hi There! There is so much to do in Cozumel. If you are interested in snorkeling there is several good places you can go to on your own without any problems.

Chankaanab Park- $16.00 to get in. Pretty good snorkeling there. They rent gear or you can bring your own. They also offer Dolphin Encounters. The food and drinks are really good and reasonable. Taking a cab there and back is really easy. They also have replicas of Ruins. It is a very nice place and very friendly. They have a website and I believe they have a $2.00 off coupon.

Playa Uvas - Is also a great place to snorkel. They have many differant packages you can choose from. All pretty reasonable im my opinion. They also have a website. With Uvas you have to reserve ahead of time because they only allow a certain amount of people each day. For the snorkeling they bring you on a tour for about 45 minutes. The service there was outstanding.

Playa Palancar - We are planning on going there in 3 weeks. Heard alot of good things about it. Also have snorkeling by boat and a beach area. Free to get in but tour I believe is $30.00

All these places are accessable by cab from the pier.

If you just want a beach day there is Nachi Cocum, Paradise Beach (Mostly families with kids although there are plenty of couples also.) Mr. Sancho's is right next door to paradise beach.

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/index.html

http://cozumelmexico.net/Cozumel-Beaches.html

There are lots of things to do in Cozumel. I've been wanting to do the Segway tour myself, just can't convince my DH to do it.

We have done the dolphin swim at Chankanaab and that is one of top tours. You can book it through Dolphin Discovery or shoretrips dot com.

We recently did the mini sub excursion through Cozumel watersports dot com. That was a blast. You sit astride a little scooter and scoot around underwater. You have a helmet/bubble of air around your head and breathe normally. Really cool.

We have done a glass bottom boat snorkel with shoretrips dot come. It was good if you want to snorkel. They took us to some reefs with lots of fish and then dove down and brought up sea cucumbers and lobsters for us to hold and photograph.

Coz is a fun port.

Sewut

Sappygirl Thanks so much fr the info on the park!! it's perfect because we want to snorkel swim with the dolphin and snuba as well so it knocks everything out if we spend all day there:) as well as relaxing on the beach area!! FABULOUS suggestion!!!!!

Sappygirl Thanks so much fr the info on the park!! it's perfect because we want to snorkel swim with the dolphin and snuba as well so it knocks everything out if we spend all day there:) as well as relaxing on the beach area!! FABULOUS suggestion!!!!!

Glad I could help.:)

DH and I did this on our cruise and it was great. I know peopel are reluctant to take ship tours, but I was very plesaed with this excursion. The snorkeling was great and the private beach was so relaxing, the drinks flowed easily. A great day overall.

Ally

***DELUXE SAIL, SNORKEL & BEACH PARTY***

What better way to enjoy the beautiful island of Cozumel from both land and sea aboard a 65-ft. ocean catamaran.

Sail off the coast of the island and snorkel the area’s pristine waters.

Swim among fantastic and colorful fish.

After snorkeling, enjoy complimentary beer, margaritas or sodas.

Make your way to one of the island’s beautiful beaches.

Have access to beach volleyball, sea kayaks and beach floats, all included.

Return to the ship after your beach party.

NOTE: Minimum age is 8 years old. Remember to bring a towel and sunscreen.

Pricing From:

Adult: $56

Child: $56

I went to UVAS!!! Can you say DUMP! No reef! No Fish!!! Clear Kayak's built for 1 get 2 people leaving no room.... I think I saw 8 fish in the few hours I was there snorkeling and Kayaking..... We left early and walked to Chakanaab about a 10 minute walk down the road. What a difference!

Archived