Liberty OTS - Cabin 9366 - Ring Found

Hi everyone,

Great news!! Today while I was sitting in a doctor's office my cell phone rang! :eek: (Yes, there were signs that said "No cell phones.";)) It was the service rep. from Crown and Anchor calling me. She had found the ring's owner!!!! She was as excited as I was. She agreed that we did the right thing and she has put in a call to the owners. She promised to call me back with their reaction as soon as they contact her. I am to send the ring to her at Crown and Anchor and she will forward it to the owner.

For those of you with inquiring minds, it was a very heavy gold man's ring - one that I doubt someone would want to wear while doing certain excursion activities.

The lesson here is to watch out for the shelf at the front of the safe!!! You really have to check carefully to make sure nothing gets stuck under there.

I'll let you know when I hear back from C & A.

And...thank you again to runmomrun for suggesting I contact C & A.

So glad it worked out!!! let us know the happy ending!!!

I'm sorry you lost something Ships R Great. It was actually on these boards that I learned of the ledge inside the safe, and to always check. It was in there so well we didn't even know it was there until we were leaving! I will search for the owner as hard as I can before I send it to RCI! I would be heart broken if I lost my wedding ring.

There is also a little area behind the door that is hard to see. We thought my husband had lost his wallet on one cruise. Called Chief housekeeper. They came and asked if we minded if they checked the room. Of course, we said n, plkease check. The first place they went was to the safe, felt behind the door and there it was. Wow, we were relieved and embarrassed! But the down side was they had informed our cabin steward about it and he thought that we thought he had taken it. I never thought that for a minute. (DH did, tho.)

Again, check, recheck and triple check!

A few years ago, my son left a memory card in the safe in this cabin, I posted it on this site, and the person who was going to be in that cabin in a week checked his safe and it was still there!!!!!!!!! What a miracle, he mailed it to him, so sometimes it does pay to post here you never know, like another poster said, not much money value , but it had pictures of his vacation and his 4 year old son, it was priceless. There are still lots of good people in this world

Hi everyone,

Here is my final update on the found ring saga. I spoke to the C & A rep on Monday and she had spoken to the owner and the owner did call me today. She was happy that her husband would be getting his ring back. I am mailing it to California in the morning.

Thank you for your kind words. You helped confirm for me that I did do the right thing. Ring and owner soon to be reunited!

Happy cruising everyone! :)

Sheila

Archived