Do kids have to order off the kids' menu?

scrapulous

Mine like to try new things too, and would hate to be restricted to the kids menu. We also had no trouble with them asking for an appetizer as the main course, or a dessert that wasn't on the menu (usually plain ice cream).

Today I found a link on the RCCL board with the menu for our next cruise, and my 7yo was taking notes, planning out her meals! :D Then the 4yo came in and told me she doesn't have to decide yet. I know what she'll order every night anyway: every combination of fruits she can find.

DD's now 14YO (gads! when did that happen:eek:) and has been traveling with us since she was born. She was a bit of a "selective eater" when she was younger, but never had an issue in the DR of a cruise. I still have fond memories of our waiter, Harish, taking her by the hand to the pasta bar on RCCI Radiance of the Seas, and her coming back with 24 painstakingly handpicked pasta shapes organized on her plate (no sauce). Harish explained that he had a daughter the same age who he had not seen in eight months and that nothing pleased him more than helping my DD.

She will still often do several appetizers as the main course and/or ask for sauces "on the side." The waitstaff and galley crew do a great job with the kids' meals.

Have fun!

DD's now 14YO (gads! when did that happen:eek:) and has been traveling with us since she was born. She was a bit of a "selective eater" when she was younger, but never had an issue in the DR of a cruise. I still have fond memories of our waiter, Harish, taking her by the hand to the pasta bar on RCCI Radiance of the Seas, and her coming back with 24 painstakingly handpicked pasta shapes organized on her plate (no sauce). Harish explained that he had a daughter the same age who he had not seen in eight months and that nothing pleased him more than helping my DD.

She will still often do several appetizers as the main course and/or ask for sauces "on the side." The waitstaff and galley crew do a great job with the kids' meals.

Have fun!

That is so sweet! I bet he was really missing his little girl. Thanks for sharing that :)

Onessa,

You brought up the one fussy eater in the family who is 21 now. Sauces, he hated some sauces. Was eating Sushi at five but was picky on what went on things. He really hated Mayo. I do not know if he eats that today.

But that is not fussy, fussy is only wanting to eat just a few things. And gosh I feel for those parents.

Archived