Ships with Verandah Connecting to Insides

timothy998

Would anyone be aware of a cruise line with ships that have cabins that are outside or Verandah, but which also connect to an inside cabin, please? We're a family of 5 & that kind of arrangement would allow us to sail with the appropriate space for us but without the added expense of booking two Verandah staterooms, which spoiled us on our first cruise this past March. Thank you.

Would anyone be aware of a cruise line with ships that have cabins that are outside or Verandah, but which also connect to an inside cabin, please? We're a family of 5 & that kind of arrangement would allow us to sail with the appropriate space for us but without the added expense of booking two Verandah staterooms, which spoiled us on our first cruise this past March. Thank you.

There are a few older ships left that still have outside cabins that connect to insides, such as Saga Ruby & Saga Rose...

...but not verandah cabins as these ships predate the advent of mainstream private verandahs - and aboard modern ships, there are no such animals as an outside connecting to an inside because of modular cabin construction.

Walking across the hall really isn't that big of a deal, just make sure that the inside stateroom door faces the correct corridor rather than the one on the other side of the ship - the deckplans will show this accurately.

NCL also has cabins that will sleep 5. You may want to look at them as well. A good Travel Agent will be able to give you some wonderful information about the kind of cabins that are available on the different ships. Good luck in your search and may you have a wonderful cruise.

cascole is correct. There are 6 (I think) pairs of these rooms on each Spirit class ship. They are the last balcony toward the bow and they connect with an inside cabin.

I just discovered this and I am thrilled as we are also a family of 5. We are in an inside for our upcoming trip and I know I'll miss my balcony but we need connecting rooms and two balconies was a little more than we could manage.

There are two all the way forward (one port, one starboard) on decks 5, 6 & 7.

I also believe Costa Atlantica (and sister ships) have the same configuration al the way forward on decks 5, 6 & 7.

I just looked at the deckplans - That's a bizarre configuration - On any other ship they would have been created as balcony, or at least outside, staterooms to obtain far greater per-diem income.

Thanks for the input...we'll have to see if that will work for us...DW fell in love with our connecting HAL Verandah cabins last spring...and it could be tough to sail away from HAL...and we may just wait a bit longer for our cruise...but this definitely gives us another option.

In your family of 5, is anyone under the age of 2 and would use a crib?

If so, any room that can otherwise take 4 people can be increased to a 5th.

Something to keep in mind...

Or go on any Vista or Signature Class and do 2 connecting J rooms on Main Deck. You won't have a balcony, but the rooms are HUGE and outside is never far away.

Or, if the kids are old enough, consider an inside across the hall.

DBA...no one is in a crib anymore, thank goodness! The J cabins do look huge...they look about 50% larger than our VEs, and we didn't spend THAT much time in our cabins anyway.We'll just have to see what we can manage when the time comes to book, hopefully early next spring. I do appreciate your idea, but still not sure if DW will go along with that!

DBA...no one is in a crib anymore, thank goodness! The J cabins do look huge...they look about 50% larger than our VEs, and we didn't spend THAT much time in our cabins anyway.We'll just have to see what we can manage when the time comes to book, hopefully early next spring. I do appreciate your idea, but still not sure if DW will go along with that!

The verandah rooms are, I believe, about 180sqft plus balcony.

Cat J (and K) that appear on Main deck are I think just shy of 210 sqft and have a configuration that make them seem even more spacious than that.

Archived