Will Carnival let you know when finanal payment is due?

geovet

before the economy went into the toilet if you didn't call them and ask for a couple days extra to pay they were quicker to cancel you.

It seems now they are giving a little more leeway.

Bill

I think that you may be right. I paid mine on the due date, somehow it popped in my head that final payment would be due soon, so I logged in to the carnival website and saw that it was that day! We had just moved into our new home and things were hectic, it almost slipped my mind.

I called my PVP and said, "whoa, I almost missed it" and he asked me if I wanted an extension to pay final payment, he could do that no problem, I declined, because I had the money set aside for a while and that wasn't the issue, just my scattered brain!:D

As many of you have said, of course it says the payment date when you book the cruise. And in a perfect world, that would be enough, and everyone would remember that date 3 or 6 or 12 months in the future and be right on top of it.

But we live in the real world, and we all know people that would lose track of exactly this kind of thing. That being the case, and assuming Carnival really does want you paying for and taking the cruise, why wouldn't they do the minor detail of sending you an e-mail or a computer generated phone call reminding you when the date is near?

Even if you are cynical and think they don't notify you because they can then sell that cabin at a last minute higher price, that would only apply to those sailing that are in high demand. Many times the price is low close to sailing to fill the ship, so doing it on purpose would make no sense.

It doesn't bother me personally, because my wife is the most organized person in the world so I have no fear she'll miss the final payment date, even if I do. I just don't see why Carnival wouldn't send you a simple e-mail to remind you.

Carnival should remind people for the simple reason that doing so would ensure that it would receive final payment in a more timely manner and have use of the passengers' money sooner. I booked a November cruise through Carnival this spring. I was under the impression that my credit card would be billed automatically. I have never booked directly with Carnival before, and the online site I used before billed the card automatically. Did the PVP warn me that I had the burden of remembering when to pay? Perhaps, but I don't remember.

If I hadn't lost my credit card, I would not have worried about the final payment -- I would have assumed it would have been billed and I would not have known differently until the credit card bill arrived. (Cruisecritic set me straight when I queried about how to check which credit card would be billed).

Anyway, I was three days late with payment -- three days that Carnival did not have use of the money and did not get interest on the money. Three days interest on $2000 is not much, but in the aggregate, it adds up.

I cannot imagine that a computer generated friendly reminder email would be difficult for Carnival. (Verizon wireless manages to send me two every month!)

Archived