??Carnival Cruise VIP #1 Debarkation Luggage Tags??

Jaymee287

Are these really worth getting? They are listed on ebay there's 2 auctions one is for 3 tags the other is for 4. Do you carry your own luggage off the ship? We have never cruised before so INFORM ME PLEASE?!?

This is the auction description -->There are 3 Carnival cruise priority embarkation tags included in this auction. Now you can get off the ship in the very first group without waiting until you're a VIP Platinum cruiser! Since everyone is let off by number, you will be the first off with these #1 luggage tags. We carried our own luggage off on the last cruise so we didn't use these. No reserve! Please check my other auctions for more Carnival cruise items!

130022729_tp.jpg

I care because I'm curious.........I didn't think it was a bad thing.

You said #1 flight, is that meaning like your flight leaves at the earliest departure?? Because I believe that flight we will be booking leaves at 11:30am. So we wouldn't need the VIP tags if we have the earliest flight?

We have no clue what we are doing. This is the first vacation without the parents and without the boyfriends as well........so please pass along anything you think will be helpful!

If you have never cruised before, why do you care?

I think that was a bit rude... Maybe they are planning their 1st cruise and are looking for information WHICH IS WHAT CRUISE CRITIC is suppose to be all about..

Anyways... no, you don't have to carry your own luggage off with #1 tag. Basically what it means is that after the passengers who are VIP and then the passengers who choose to carry off their own luggage are off, they start calling #s.

With #1 tag, you put those on the luggage but don't forget to rip off the bottom part that reads Priority #1. Then you will be off the ship early... Some people do it because they booked an early flight, others have a long drive home and want to get an early start.

Hope this helps and have a great time

You said #1 flight, is that meaning like your flight leaves at the earliest departure?? Because I believe that flight we will be booking leaves at 11:30am. So we wouldn't need the VIP tags if we have the earliest flight?

I don't know where you're cruising out of but an 11:30am flight would more than likely be considered an early flight.

All you need to do is take your flight info to the purser's desk and they will give you the tags.

We've used the #1 tags before and it's a zoo getting off the ship....just my experience.

We now book later flights and find a public area of the ship to hang out. After everyone is done fighting to find their luggage and get off the ship we just stroll off.

I would never purchase #1 tags.....not worth it.

Thanks for the opinions!! Greatly appreciated. We are a nervous wreck. So if we have an early flight booked all we do it go to the main desk and tell them? We are planning to use the airport transfers so we don't have to worry about that and it would seem to make things easier for us.

This is an AWSOME website for first time cruise advice! Thanks so much :) You'll probably be hearing from me alot. We will be 22 21 and 21 when we leave so we want to make sure everything will go smoothly and get all the questions answered that we can!

I would think since you have an early flight they will give you an early number to disembark. If you don't get them go to the purser's desk with your flight info and they will take care of you. Save the money you would spent on ebay for something more fun on the cruise!

Have fun!

Thanks for the opinions!! Greatly appreciated. We are a nervous wreck. So if we have an early flight booked all we do it go to the main desk and tell them? We are planning to use the airport transfers so we don't have to worry about that and it would seem to make things easier for us.

This is an AWSOME website for first time cruise advice! Thanks so much :) You'll probably be hearing from me alot. We will be 22 21 and 21 when we leave so we want to make sure everything will go smoothly and get all the questions answered that we can!

Congratulations on your 1st cruise.

The process for debarkation is easy though it can be stressful.

The last night of your cruise your cabin steward will deliver luggage tags to your room. If you are in a category 11 or 12 suite you will have a #1 tag. Which means that you can get off the ship as early as you wish.

The other tag numbers go all the way up into the 30's I think and help to control the flow of people getting off the ship and trying to find their luggage.

If you don't want to carry your luggage off the ship (called self-assist) then you will place your bags outside your cabin by 11pm the night before you get back to your home port. Tag numbers will be called when your luggage is available for pickup in the terminal. They try to say that if you debark before your number is called that you luggage may not be there, but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

11:30 is pretty early for a flight even if the airport is close by. If you can't change it then be sure to go to the Guest Services desk and let them know. It can be really busy down there the day before debarkation so allow enough time.

Ask any questions you need to. It might help us to advise you if we knew a little more about what ship you're going to be on and when you're leaving.

Hi Jaymee,

IF you have an early flight (I think it's usually considered prior to 1:00 or maybe noon in some ports) you are reminded that you should go to the pursers desk to pick up luggage tags for early debarkation. You have to take your flight forms to prove that you really are flying out early. Then you will be in the first group to be allowed to debark. It's still a long process, but we've always been to the airport with LOADS of time to spare.

If you are booked on an 11:30 flight, you don't need to buy those tags online you can get them on the ship.

I care because I'm curious.........I didn't think it was a bad thing.

We have no clue what we are doing. This is the first vacation without the parents and without the boyfriends as well........so please pass along anything you think will be helpful!

p.s. Carnival recommends "earliest" flight times for each port. I think it's under the FAQ section. Some ports 11:30 is no problem, others they recommend a later flight.

You should be okay getting to the airport from Port of Tampa in plenty of time....no problem.

If you were leaving from Miami, I'd be slightly nervous.

Have a great first cruise!!

• 3 years later...

We always buy these on ebay. Usually getting 4 tags for under $10 and free shipping. We are gold VIFP's but not quite high enough for these VIP tags.

*** Advantages: Just after they let the special needs passengers off you can go. They have your luggage in the VIP are so you can leave anytime you like throughout the morning. (on the Fantasy...You are entitled to sit in the library sipping complimentary mimosas too!) Sure beats waiting anywhere else!

Don't worry, Be Happy!

So if we have an early flight booked all we do it go to the main desk and tell them? We are planning to use the airport transfers so we don't have to worry about that and it would seem to make things easier for us.

Yes, you can get early numbered tags if you have an early flight. However, one problem that I see. Airport transfers are not the quickest way to get to the airport. Usually a big bus. If you are the first on bus, you have to wait for it to fill before they leave.

Consider taking a taxi instead.

Have a great trip!

Just carry your luggage off- we always do. First because I think it's a pain to pack the night before and put my stuff out. That would mean having a separate bag for stuff that we would the next morning. Also if you self debark you can be one of the first off the ship if need be- even before those with the #1 tags. Certainly not worth buying off eBay :). IMHO Self Debark is the easiest hassle free way off the ship.

Guess I should start saving those group #1 tags I get for eBay ;)

Archived