Only one time left for January excursion??

Hi!

I'm finally able to book shore excursions, which I like to do ahead of time so that its paid for before I even cruise and its guaranteed. I've known plenty of folks that missed out on something they wanted to do because they waited.

Anyway, I went to book the Loterie Farm Zip Adventure course in St. Maartin, and the only time it offered me was 9:30 am! Does that seem possible to you that there is only one time slot left? When I booked my excursions on the Radiance, there were different time slots to choose from. I wonder if maybe there is only one time for the whole ship or if this is just a really popular excursion? Seemed odd to me - anyone else have this kind of thing happen?

A couple of things could be happening.

1 - not all the times/excursions are posted yet. I've noticed new ones added occasionally for my Jan. 16 cruise. The first list came out last Tuesday and was 34 pages. I checked this morning and it was up to 54 pages.

2 - there are several ships in port so limited times are available to accommodate other ship passengers. January is prime sailing in the Caribbean so more ships are around than in summer/late spring.

If the time is a problem, you can see about booking the excursion directly with the vendor and taking a taxi. You can also book the 9:30 time now and see if others are added later. You can always cancel and rebook.

A couple of things could be happening.

1 - not all the times/excursions are posted yet. I've noticed new ones added occasionally for my Jan. 16 cruise. The first list came out last Tuesday and was 34 pages. I checked this morning and it was up to 54 pages.

2 - there are several ships in port so limited times are available to accommodate other ship passengers. January is prime sailing in the Caribbean so more ships are around than in summer/late spring.

If the time is a problem, you can see about booking the excursion directly with the vendor and taking a taxi. You can also book the 9:30 time now and see if others are added later. You can always cancel and rebook.

Oh, good points! I hadn't thought about other ships being in port! We've wanted to take this excursion for a couple of years now! I'm taking the 9:30 time but would love a few more hours to build up my courage! lol:p Maybe this is better because I can get that first feeling of panic over with nice and early, rather than thinking about it all morning.... I'm a wimp with an adrenaline streak! lol

I wonder if I should hold off on St. Thomas planning for a while for the reasons you stated... I've gotten some good ideas from some CCers for that port but I'm still considering a few things.

Thanks for your ideas on this!

Hi!

I'm finally able to book shore excursions, which I like to do ahead of time so that its paid for before I even cruise and its guaranteed. I've known plenty of folks that missed out on something they wanted to do because they waited.

Anyway, I went to book the Loterie Farm Zip Adventure course in St. Maartin, and the only time it offered me was 9:30 am! Does that seem possible to you that there is only one time slot left? When I booked my excursions on the Radiance, there were different time slots to choose from. I wonder if maybe there is only one time for the whole ship or if this is just a really popular excursion? Seemed odd to me - anyone else have this kind of thing happen?

Contact the company and book the trip yourself and save the RCI markup.

IF you google Loterie farm you will get there reservations page.

Me again. Same thing happened when I booked ours online. It gave me an 11AM time but we wanted to go with friends at 9:30. I went ahead and booked and then sent an e-mail to cruiseenhancements at rccl dot com. I e-mailed them on Friday morning and got a response on Monday morning that they had changed it. One thing to think about though, Although we went in July when we got finished at noon, the heat and humidity had kicked in as you are up on the mountain in the trees. I'm glad we went early for that!

Archived