Roillator Recommendations

Bobed1927

I have developed neuropathy in my feet and have some difficulty walking any great distance.

i'm seriously considering buying a rollator for use in ports where I expect to do a lot of walking. I've been looking at rollators on the internet but can't seem to find a site which compares/evaluates them. I'll appreciate recommendations.

I LOVE my Invacare rollator with the large wheels. I orginally had the small wheels but gave that one to my sister and purchased a new one with large wheels from a medical store on Ebay. It was much cheaper than I could purchase locally. It folds up easily for transport and works great in port on the cobblestones.:D

I have developed neuropathy in my feet and have some difficulty walking any great distance.

i'm seriously considering buying a rollator for use in ports where I expect to do a lot of walking. I've been looking at rollators on the internet but can't seem to find a site which compares/evaluates them. I'll appreciate recommendations.

I'm a big believer in having your Doctor give you a RX for a proper gait accessment by a Phyiscal Therapist to determine what mobility equipment is best . People are too quick to run out and purchase just any peice of equipment on someone else's recommendation and it might not be the best option for your personal situtation. It may not even be the proper hieght and width for you. Having the wrong equipment can cause more harm than good.

After looking and looking my mom got the Hugo Rollater they sell right at Walmart. She's got the original one, now they also have a premium one. She's had it a few years. Has the seat, hand locks, larger wheels. She don't leave home without it and she loves it.

I have the Invacare rollator and it is great, especially waiting in line. It does not have a basket which I would appreciate, but when it is open and I am embarking on the ship, I use the seat for my carryon luggage with a bunge cord. It works great.

I have the Invacare rollator and it is great, especially waiting in line. It does not have a basket which I would appreciate, but when it is open and I am embarking on the ship, I use the seat for my carryon luggage with a bunge cord. It works great.

Mine came with a basket, but I never use it, as then it would be a hassle folding up the rollator. Instead, I just put my packages on the seat.

I agree with xxoocruiser. The very best thing I did was get the physical therapist recommendation. I am very tall, unsteady at times with a pronounced limp. The therapist evaluated my gait and made a specific recommendation that took my height into consideration. Also he showed me how to properly and safely handle the brakes. It isn't just pressing them when you want to stop. I used the rollator as my only aid for many years and was quite pleased with how it helped me.

I like this one because the seat is not so big that you are bending forward to walk because you cannot get close enough to it. That is a common mistake we see at the nursing home I work at (I am a physical therapist assistant). Having the seat to sit on to rest is a great thing. the big wheels will work good on all surfaces especially carpeted or uneven ones. Here is an easy way to make sure your walker is adjusted correctly.http://www.airsystemsmedical.com/walkerheight.html Another way is to stand up in the walker and put your hands down to your side. Your walker handles should be at wrist level.

I've been looking at various models and weight is an issue due to back problems - I want the lightest model possible. So far the best I could find was about 13# - featherweight model. Still looking...

so is weight a factor, if so you'd want to make sure you can lift it in/out of the car, etc.

If someone had one of these, and had to sit down, exhausted.... Can someone else push said person to their destination, if it's not too far?

Thanks,

Karen

Unless the Rollator is sepcifically desiged for Duel Purpose ...Transport and Walking. Most Rollators with seats are not recommended for Transport. The seats designed and tested for the resting mode. You can weaken the structial integrety of the rollator and also risk the wheels breaking off. Potential causing harm to the individual seated. They should only for used for tempory rest. It specifically states that in most of the Manufactuer's Instruction Manual.

here's a link to a what a duel rollator looks like. http://cgi.ebay.com/Dual-DUET-TRANSPORT-Wheel-CHAIR%2fROLLATOR-Wheeled-Walker_W0QQitemZ270321419627QQcmdZViewItem

Archived