Which is the better shuttle from Whittier to Anchorage

sportsnut

We are trying to decide which company to do a transfer from Whittier to Anchorage. The two we are deciding between are Alaska Cruise Transfers and Tours & Alaskan Lepoard. Both are the same price but have tried to find reviews of each and have not found many. Any information will be helpful. We we be arriving in Whittier on Sept 12th.

We are trying to decide which company to do a transfer from Whittier to Anchorage. The two we are deciding between are Alaska Cruise Transfers and Tours & Alaskan Lepoard. Both are the same price but have tried to find reviews of each and have not found many. Any information will be helpful. We we be arriving in Whittier on Sept 12th.

Check their ratings on the Better Business Bureau site.

Have you tried a search on this forum?

Sorry, can't help you with either of these but we did use Girdwood Transportation and they were excellent. Maybe you could check them out. I believe they also have a coupon in the Toursaver book, too.

They were excellent at returning emails/phone calls and when we arrived in Whittier, they were standing right there with a sign with their name on it so we knew right where to go to. Found them to be very professional. For a fee, they will drop you anywhere in Anchorage you want to go.

Good luck planning.

We came into Whittier on the Diamond Princess July 11, 2009 and used Alaska Cruise Transfers. We had a great experience, they were right in the cruise terminal by the baggage claim area. Sorry but we have never used the Alaskan Lepoard so I can't say how they perform.

We used The Magic Bus last June.

http://www.themagicbus.com/

I can't say enough good stuff about this company. We were a group of 12. She gathered us all up at the Whittier terminal, loaded all of our luggage, and we headed for the tunnel. She talked about herself, Alaska in general, and what we would be seeing and where we would be going. The trip with them was almost as good as the whole cruise. We stopped at Turnagain Arm, and saw glacier ice up close. Got some fantastic pictures. Also stopped at the Wild life preserve and got a lot of pictures there too. She made several extra stops for different requests from folks in our group, and it all worked out really well. Also driving into Anchorage we had a bit of a city tour also. I believe our driver's name was Tara. Let me know if you want some pics, and i will post them.

Archived