Do you take the Carnival logo beach towels ashore?

scrapulous

I'm not about to lug beach towels from home. I've never had a Carnival towel stolen and don't worry about it too much. We're experienced travelers and we keep a pretty good eye on our stuff. Three of us cruise together regularly--two go in the water, while one watches our stuff. I am from a resort town here in the U.S.--trust me, locals in any resort town know who the tourists are regardless of their beach towel (or their complexion).

You'll notice I said "extra touristy." I think the idea is that someone who doesn't even have his own beach towel is likely to be a less experienced traveler and therefore an easier mark.

I'm not sure your logic is sound. The locals know that the cruise ships are big business and anyone who messes with their pax will be dealt with by local authorities in a way that will show they value these passengers. By bringing your own towel, you might be seen as staying at a crappy local resort that doesn't even provide towels. Just a thought.

Well, living in FL I have ALOT of towels. I usually bring some old ones and throw them away at the beach/excursion after using them. That way, when we leave the beach and shop at the port afterwards, I am not lugging a wet towels around. I never bring them back home...allowing room in my suitcase for souveniers.

btw...I had a carnival towel "taken" once before and I explained it and was not charged for it

I almost never bring the Carnival towel off with me, too big and heavy! I also don't worry about tring to cram it in my checked bags while flying, I just carry it on the plane with me and use it as my "blanket":D

The towels that you get on the ship are very thick and heavy. We always bring thin, light weight beach towels with us. Just so we don't have to carry around the Carnival towels.

Exactly.

And if you have kids losing one of Carnvial's towels is a definite possibility.

I would never willingly pay $22 for a beach towel...and a used one at that.

Archived