Best 'tour' / food experience for an up and coming chef

karjoe

Hi All,

We will be on the Ruby Princess next week (20/8/09). Although this will be my wife's and I second cruise our son (18yrs) will also join us (he's a first time cruiser) - one of the reasons he will join us, is because we raved so much about how good the food was on our last cruise earlier in the year (Emerald - Caribbean). He is actually training to be a chef and has an obvious interest in food and all that goe's with it. We are asking if anyone can recommend a ships tour or restaurant....so he can see / taste the food and maybe what happens 'behind' the food on the plate...i've heard chefs table, a galley tour etc....your help (as usual) would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Joe

Hands down the chef's table. You spend a lot of time before in the kitchen while it is in operation serving dinner, we actually ate our appetizers (5 of them:D) and champagne there. On the galley tour they are not working as it's usually between breakfast and lunch. Food at the chef's table is spectacular and the chef actually spends quite a bit of time explaining the dishes you are eating and on ours he flambeed and plated the main course right in the dining room. All of the evenings wine was paired with food and we had a nice ice wine as well so it is well worth the extra paid. At the end you get the Princess Cookbook and a copy of the menu for the evening.

I agree! The Chef's Table was one of the highlights of the whole cruise! The ship's staff were so friendly and a lot of fun. We drank champagne and drank champagne and I think we ate too.

The dinner was magnificent, the table settings, the service, all over the top.

Archived