Don't forget to tell NCL that you're a union member

ebkallen

Barbug you may have a problem...a condition of the Union Discount is that you must be able to produce a Union Card showing paid up dues at check in.

I personally was afraid that I would forget mine so I paper clipped my union card inside my passport.

If by chance you show up to board and are asked for your union card and do not have one, you will be required to pay the difference or be denied boarding.

The way I found out about the union discount was that NCL made an error and mistakenly applied it to my reservation and when I saw how much I saved, I decided to go ahead rejoin the union I once belonged to years before again to get that discount. rather than pay so much more. But when it was discovered, I was warned to be sure I had a Union Card as proof if I wanted to take advantage of the discount or be prepared to pay the difference at the port.

My husband and i are both retired union members. We were told that a letter from our union to be presented at the pier would satisfy their requirements.

Carol

It doesn't matter who you book through but, some TAs aren't familiar with it so you'll have to tell them.

So true! My TA never mentioned it and if I hadn't seen this board I wouldn't have thought to ask. I was booking my cruise yesterday and was able to secure the 10% union discount today after spending 1/2 the day on the phone with my TA. It allowed us to upgrade 1 of our 2 rooms and now we are completely thrilled!!! Thanks to the cruisecritic posters. I owe you guys!:D

3 cruises and never asked for my union card. My father in law served in the army during the Korean war, never asked for his DD2141

We WERE asked to show it on our last NCL cruise! Glad we had DH's card with us! Like another poster suggested, we paperclip our union card to our passport so it is ready to show, if needed.

So true! My TA never mentioned it and if I hadn't seen this board I wouldn't have thought to ask. I was booking my cruise yesterday and was able to secure the 10% union discount today after spending 1/2 the day on the phone with my TA. It allowed us to upgrade 1 of our 2 rooms and now we are completely thrilled!!! Thanks to the cruisecritic posters. I owe you guys!:D

I found out about this discount through the postings here after we booked and payment was made in full. My TA knew nothing about it and wasn't able to do anything for us. It was a hard lesson learned:(

Archived