Destiny, 4 Day Western Review

luv2cruz66

Great review! We were on Destiny's eastern itin in May and LOVED it! Fun to hear the 'other side' ... would dearly love a B2B on her!

I'm with you on Pip ... not the most personable guy on the planet. He was ACD on our trip, the kids, encouraged by Karl with a "K" to say "hi" to Pip every time they passed did so once and got snarled at. Then, later, in the fitness center with my oldest (a gymnast who was working out on coach's orders prior to her state meet) he came up to her and yelled at her to get out of the f.c. because you have to be 16 or accompanied ... and I was right there next to her. Then, after he humiliated her, when she moved, he took her machine, plugged in his I-Pod, and jogged off into the water and had to tread while the ship sailed away without him ... oh, wait, that part was my fantasy :cool:. I told dd not to worry about it, that while some people actually LIKE their jobs, he apparently either wasn't one of them, or was on a severe power trip and was best avoided at all costs for the rest of the trip. Then we went and drowned our sorrows in ice cream. :p

Great review! We were on Destiny's eastern itin in May and LOVED it! Fun to hear the 'other side' ... would dearly love a B2B on her!

I'm with you on Pip ... not the most personable guy on the planet. He was ACD on our trip, the kids, encouraged by Karl with a "K" to say "hi" to Pip every time they passed did so once and got snarled at. Then, later, in the fitness center with my oldest (a gymnast who was working out on coach's orders prior to her state meet) he came up to her and yelled at her to get out of the f.c. because you have to be 16 or accompanied ... and I was right there next to her. Then, after he humiliated her, when she moved, he took her machine, plugged in his I-Pod, and jogged off into the water and had to tread while the ship sailed away without him ... oh, wait, that part was my fantasy :cool:. I told dd not to worry about it, that while some people actually LIKE their jobs, he apparently either wasn't one of them, or was on a severe power trip and was best avoided at all costs for the rest of the trip. Then we went and drowned our sorrows in ice cream. :p

LOL love it! I am so sorry that your daughter had to go through that though , that was completely uncalled for! Thanks for sharing your story ....I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks he has some serious personality issues! I guess I'm just used to the entertainment staff being personable that it's shocking when you meet him and he's so rude!

Great review and pictures. We leave on the Destiny in 75 days with the same itinerary. I think you helped us make up our mind on what to do in Cozumel. We have only been there one time on our second cruise eight years ago. I am so excited.

Where is the Seaman's Cafe by at the Port? We may want to stop in and pick up some stuff.

Another quick question. Did the room have a polarized outlet? That is where one plug is larger than the other? I need to pick up and extension cord for our trip and seem to remember the older ships having ones that were not polarized.

Thank you so much.

Christmas cruise? That sounds fantastic! Can't wait till the kids are old enough we can do that one! Last October was our first trip to the piano bar...don't know how we missed it on the first four cruises but I LOVE it! I never understood the very lengthy thread on "The Best Piano Players" until after we went. I had no idea so many people enjoyed it!

Our daughters are 26 and 21 so you can just about guess how long they debated cruise VS traditional Xmas. We have also been on a New Years Eve cruise that was easily my favorite New Years Eve.

John & Shari

Where is the Seaman's Cafe by at the Port? We may want to stop in and pick up some stuff.

Another quick question. Did the room have a polarized outlet? That is where one plug is larger than the other?

Thank you so much.

If you were to drive up to port or arrive my taxi (Carnival Building and Destiny is to your right) then the Seaman's Cafe is straight ahead and to your left...about a block. I'm sure the porter who takes your luggage can point it out to you. It is easy to miss...it appears to be some kind of a double wide trailer or temporary building, it isn't anything fancy but it is very neat and clean inside and the food is good.

I just went and checked DD's curling iron and it has one plug larger than the other and we were able to plug that in one of the outlets on the vanity in the cabin so I know there is at least one polarized outlet!

Have a great cruise!

If you were to drive up to port or arrive my taxi (Carnival Building and Destiny is to your right) then the Seaman's Cafe is straight ahead and to your left...about a block. I'm sure the porter who takes your luggage can point it out to you. It is easy to miss...it appears to be some kind of a double wide trailer or temporary building, it isn't anything fancy but it is very neat and clean inside and the food is good.

I just went and checked DD's curling iron and it has one plug larger than the other and we were able to plug that in one of the outlets on the vanity in the cabin so I know there is at least one polarized outlet!

Have a great cruise!

Thank you so much for the info. I can't wait for our cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
Cabins are ready by 1:30 pm.

We are in two balcony cabins. 9196 and 9198 on the port side.

?We will be sailing and have cabin 9201- our first lido deck ever. I chose this location trying to figure out what is above that cabin-since you were across ship-any noise problem from above??

?We will be starboard-can you tell me when docked what side of ship faced dock -love watching the late comers board after horn blasts!

Miami:

Key West:

Cozumel:

Thanks- oh do you recall if Escargot was on menu as appetizer?

This room is super convenient to all things Lido! I did experience “noise” from the Lido activities at all times of the day and night. As well as noise from large groups traveling to and from the elevators. It did not keep me awake but if you are a “light” sleeper you may want a cabin a little further down the hall. Our friends were in 9167 and 9163 and did not experience any noise.

We will be sailing and have cabin 9201- our first lido deck ever. I chose this location trying to figure out what is above that cabin-since you were across ship-any noise problem from above??

?We will be starboard-can you tell me when docked what side of ship faced dock -love watching the late comers board after horn blasts!

Miami:

Key West:

Cozumel:

• 2 weeks later...
We will be sailing and have cabin 9201- our first lido deck ever. I chose this location trying to figure out what is above that cabin-since you were across ship-any noise problem from above??

Miami:

Key West:

Cozumel:

No noise from above!

We were docked port side in Cozumel and starboard in Key West. (on both Destiny cruises last year....you will luv the view of Key West from the balcony!)

No escargot....sorry.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

thanks for the info. Looking forward to cruise a lot. I was looking at docking info and it looks like we may be docked in key west at some navy pier requiring a shuttle to cross naval base. :-(

We've docked at the navy pier several times. I love the view from that pier too! The trolly ride is actually a nice ride. It's free and you get a nice little tour of Key West as they take you downtown. You'll have a great time either way!

We've docked at the navy pier several times. I love the view from that pier too! The trolly ride is actually a nice ride. It's free and you get a nice little tour of Key West as they take you downtown. You'll have a great time either way!

Good to know, I wasthininking it may be in an industrial area. Do they have multiple trolleys that run in a route? Wondering if we will walk or purchase a trolley pass.

Good to know, I wasthininking it may be in an industrial area. Do they have multiple trolleys that run in a route? Wondering if we will walk or purchase a trolley pass.

First pic is the very tip of the navy pier...notice the red brick building in the background.

Second pic is the pier at Mallory Square (can't think of it's real name right now...) notice the same red brick building in the background.

Eventhough the piers are close...due to the separation by water they seem further apart than they are. Hope these help.

navypier.jpg

mallorysquarepier.jpg

Archived