Chankanaab - do you put your passports in the locker?

scrapulous

If you snorkel, do you put your passports in the locker, or bring it with you in a waterproof bag? I'd rather leave it in the locker so there is no chance of it getting wet or floating away, lol, but I'm kinda afraid it would get stolen.

WWYD?

Why are you taking your passport off the ship? Leave it on the ship. I don't take anything of value with me. I have a small cloth wallet that I keep, ship room key, one credit card , photo ID(drivers licence) and $200 cash with me. I have put a button hole in the wallet. In the hole I have tied a rope like tie to it. I tie the wallet to my swim suit and place wallet inside of my suit. I snorkle all day and have never lost it. I never take anything that has value into port.

Leave your passport safe on the ship!

Enjoy

If you snorkel, do you put your passports in the locker, or bring it with you in a waterproof bag? I'd rather leave it in the locker so there is no chance of it getting wet or floating away, lol, but I'm kinda afraid it would get stolen.

WWYD?

To give you another perspective I always take my passport with me to port. If there are lockers available use them. If for some reason you miss the ship you will be able to get home alot quicker. You can get home if you don't have them but it will cost and take alot of time to do it.

If you really need your passport with you...just take a copy of it to port.

Do not take the real passport.

If you really really miss the ship---you will have proof of who you are ect.

But be careful--don't miss the ship!

Enjoy

I'm another who does take the passport off the ship- the copy is better than nothing, but it'll still take a while to get a replacement passport from the consulate before being able to go home. In an emergency, I wouldn't want to wait for that. I'd feel comfortable using the lockers in this situation (assuming you had copies and alternate ID back on the ship in case of something happening) but if you're not, get one of the waterproof bags mentioned above so that you can take it in the water with you.

Archived