Jaguar Paw Resort question

angelapaulk

We are due to sail out in September my question is has anyone ever use Jaguar Paw Resort to book any kind of excursion? In the past I have used Cynthia and Nacho but I can not get them to reply to my emails. Me and my 12 year old want to do the repelling and the zip line. They said that offer a combo pack doing 3 activities which include zipline, repelling, and cave tubing for 80 dollars a person and 25 dollars for the 10 year old who just wants to tag along and do nothing. So I was wanting to know if anyone has ever used these people before I go handing out my CC info. Thanks in advance.

I have not yet used them, but I put this same question to my travel agent. His response was that he had personally used them, and had sent many travelers to Jaguar Paw with high satisfaction. I plan on cave tubing with them this December.

I'm sure there are many people out there who can give you first hand opinions.

We are due to sail out in September my question is has anyone ever use Jaguar Paw Resort to book any kind of excursion? In the past I have used Cynthia and Nacho but I can not get them to reply to my emails. Me and my 12 year old want to do the repelling and the zip line. They said that offer a combo pack doing 3 activities which include zipline, repelling, and cave tubing for 80 dollars a person and 25 dollars for the 10 year old who just wants to tag along and do nothing. So I was wanting to know if anyone has ever used these people before I go handing out my CC info. Thanks in advance.

We used Jaguar Paw last December for repelling, cave tubing, and zorbing. The experience on the day of our tour was wonderful with individualized attention, friendly guides, great lunch, and altogether a lot of fun.

I did have one issue with Jaguar Paw and that was with their communication. We booked (via phone) about a month in advance and had originally planned to do the combo with zipline, cave tubing, and zorbing. They took our credit card # to hold the reservation and also had my email address and phone number on file. However, when we arrived at the resort to begin our tour, we were told by the front desk that the ziplines were closed for "legal" reasons and that they would refund us $15 each since we weren't doing that portion of the tour. We were very upset that:

1) They never bothered to contact us ahead of time to tell us about the change

2) The refund amount was unacceptable given the total tour cost ($100)

Had we known the zipline would have been cancelled, we would have re-booked with another operator to either include the zipline or to do only the cave tubing, at less than half the price. Eventually, we were able to speak with the manager and substitute repelling instead of ziplining.

My advice would be to call or email and re-confirm right before you leave for your cruise and make it known you want to be notified if there are any changes. However, except for that issue, we had a fantastic time with our tour.

On a side note, I would double check about your other child who wants to tag along and do nothing. The cave tubing portion of the tour begins from where you "land" after repelling so I'm not sure how you would keep an eye on your kid if he/she is not doing the activities with you? There is certainly another way to walk to the beginning of the cave tubing tour from the resort, and from the end of the cave system back to the hotel, but obviously it wouldn't be the same route you are taking. Is there another adult going with your group who would be looking after your child while you are busy with the tour?:confused:

Archived