Taxi to Montmorency falls Quebec?

We have 2 days in Quebec City, so we would like to visit the falls. Would prefer not to take a tour, or rent a car, as we have several other car rentals booked.

Does anyone know how long the drive to to the falls takes from the old town, and how much a taxi would be? I think I read it is 8 miles away.

Also wouldn't mind taking a bus if it was direct, without having to change buses.

Thanks

We have 2 days in Quebec City, so we would like to visit the falls. Would prefer not to take a tour, or rent a car, as we have several other car rentals booked.

Does anyone know how long the drive to to the falls takes from the old town, and how much a taxi would be? I think I read it is 8 miles away.

Also wouldn't mind taking a bus if it was direct, without having to change buses.

Thanks

I don't know how much a taxi would cost but you can get there by bus + walking.

Here is the website, look under Chutes Montmorency for the schedule of bus 50 or 53.

In fact, when at one of the downtown bus stop, the bus will be number 800 Metrobus but you need to take the one with 800 number + the 50 (or 53) sign in the window. You can ask the driver to make sure he does go to the fall (the regular 800 don't go that far, only the 50 and 53 do). This way, it will be almost direct (with a 5 minutes stop at the bus station in between the 800 route and 50 (or 53 route). Also, stay near the front of the bus and ask the driver to tell you at what bus stop to disembark.

Have fun!

Archived