Where do I buy ginger pills?

jax430

I'm sure there is a more appropriate board on which I should be posting this, but I wasn't sure which one...

Anyhow, I keep reading about taking ginger pills to prevent seasickness, but I have been unable to find them so far. Where are they sold? Thanks!

I'm sure there is a more appropriate board on which I should be posting this, but I wasn't sure which one...

Anyhow, I keep reading about taking ginger pills to prevent seasickness, but I have been unable to find them so far. Where are they sold? Thanks!

Try Health Food Store Drug store. I heard the patch that goes on behinde your ear works.

I get mine at Walmart in the vitamin isle

I bought mine at Wal-Mart for about 5 bucks. I also did a quick test to see how well they work for me by taking two capsules before going to the local amusement park with my daughter. I rode the spinning rides with her and felt very little discomfort, a first for me in a long time!

we were searching for some good options(like bonine/drammine) for seasickness at Rite Aid but the boxes said not good with alcohol so we saw ginger gum but the box didnt say anything on it at all so we didnt know if there were any restrictions so we ended up using natural.

my sugestion to you is :

buy some ginger and cut into little tiny cubes and put in ziplock bag and store in the refrigerator or ice bucket in your store room and chew on it like once or twice a day on the cruise.

it worked GREAT for me and my family. kids can use it too.

My son has been taking ginger for seasickness and just about every stomach ailment for years. He swears by it. We always get ours at Walmart for under 5 dollars. It's alot cheaper than medication and doesn't turn him into a zombie. Cindy

we were searching for some good options(like bonine/drammine) for seasickness at Rite Aid but the boxes said not good with alcohol so we saw ginger gum but the box didnt say anything on it at all so we didnt know if there were any restrictions so we ended up using natural.

my sugestion to you is :

buy some ginger and cut into little tiny cubes and put in ziplock bag and store in the refrigerator or ice bucket in your store room and chew on it like once or twice a day on the cruise.

it worked GREAT for me and my family. kids can use it too.

I get the pills at Walmart, too.

As far as the fresh ginger goes, the sushi bar on ship has free pickled ginger that is a bit spicy, but delicious!

I am cruising with a child for the first time and just now thought about this.Ginger is okay for kids right?Dont want to use any pills that would knock him out.Thanks

How old is your son?

Next time you are at any supermarket, pharmacy or any store that sells vitamins/supplements, just look for Ginger and read the label.

Oh hell, I'll go read mine and be right back.

Well, this is why it pays to read the labels of things, even when they are natural

I have a bottle of Ginger Root 550 mg.

It specifically says in bold print: NOT intended for use by persons under the age of 18.

I'd have never guessed that....

I bought a bag of ginger candy at Whole Foods - the one I bought is made of ginger root and cane sugar - probably OK for kids (no warnings, I checked!) It was less than $2.00 for a 3.5 oz bag. I've heard that the candy is also available at Asian food markets.

I usually take Bonine and/or use the acupressure wristbands with great success.

Would like to give ginger pills a try. I'm not a big fan of the taste of actual ginger. How often do you guys take them to keep the motion sickness at bay?

Where are you looking? It took me 2 seconds to find several brands on Amazon. Froogle.com (Google's shopping site) quickly found them. So did Bing.com.

It's hard to believe that it would be hard to find ginger pills...they seem to be available for sale all over the web.

It specifically says in bold print: NOT intended for use by persons under the age of 18.

I'd have never guessed that....

:confused: Agree ....Glad you pointed this out! Wonder why? Makes me wonder if they'd be OK for small adults who weigh less than 100 lbs.

Archived