Where do I buy ginger pills?

jax430

:confused: Agree ....Glad you pointed this out! Wonder why? Makes me wonder if they'd be OK for small adults who weigh less than 100 lbs.

It may be that the particular Ginger I bought was too stong...I'm not sure how potent 550 mg is :confused:

I would wager that there is some form of ginger out there that is safe for kids...I would think real ginger would be better than a pill supplement anyway..but I wouldn't know how much to give a child (OR if they'd eat it. I personally am not fond of the taste of it)

I found this on Google Don't know how accurate it is but there is a lot of information out there if you take the time to look. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FKA/is_9_69/ai_n21052954/

Bottom line is before you give any child anything....READ the label.

This ginger thing REALLY shocked me. Even on most OTC drugs, a child is only a 'child' until the age of 12. It shocked me this ginger I have is not meant for anyone under the age of 18. I'm still shaking my head over it...

This looks interesting: http://www.mothernature.com/shop/detail.cfm/sku/86609/S/400062

Where are you looking? It took me 2 seconds to find several brands on Amazon. Froogle.com (Google's shopping site) quickly found them. So did Bing.com.

It's hard to believe that it would be hard to find ginger pills...they seem to be available for sale all over the web.

While I shop on the internet frequently, I was not looking to purchase them online. I had looked in Target and CVS, and figured it would save me time to ask here before I ran to several other stores. Don't know why this seems to bother you....

Since I've discovered ginger, I carry a capsule to each meal on the ship and take it as soon as I sit down at the table. Works wonders for me.

At home I've started taking it at supper time and have found that I no longer need to take Prilosec for heartburn!

Here's my advise...use the patch behind your ear. I have tried ginger, Bonine, and Dramamine. I have been seasick with all of them. I even used ginger along with Bonine at the same time. On my last cruise I had the patch and when others were seasick (and carsick from a wild shore excursion) I was fine. I will never cruise without it again.;)

I used the patch for a while and it made me drowsy, worked though. Now I swear by taking two ginger pills starting two nights out then two bonine one night out, two ginger in the morning one day out. I continue to take two ginger in the morning and night for a few days and two bonine at night for a few days, then taper off. I am not going to risk trying anything different as I get terrible sea sick, car sick etc. I do find sometimes if the seas are rough and watching the shows at the front of the ship I have had to leave as I do feel it. I also never get a front cabin.

Archived