First Time Flying Into San Juan?

will work to cruise

Just a heads up - you will need your baggage claim ticket (you know, the thing that the airline rep gives you or staples to your boarding pass envelope when you check your bags) in order to get your bags OUT of San Juan Airport. This is the only place I have seen this - there are airport personnel at the exits and they check the tag on your luggage to the one on your person - so MAKE SURE you do not toss it out or otherwise lose it from your home city to San Juan!

have a great cruise - we have loved sailing out of San Juan!

I'm one of those person who had issues after the fact with Airport personnel.

Me too! Won't go into detail on problems(lost luggage) upon arrival and departure(missed flight after standing in check-in(AA) for over 2 hours). But it seemed that, in general, the personnel working at the airport(both airline personnel and airport personnel) were downright rude and could care less about assisting you. Jeez, I've had more pleasant experiences in the heart of NYC area airports(LGA/JFK & Newark). And they don't have the greatest reputations. But, if you want to cruise deep Southern Caribbean, this is where you fly into. So I'll be passing through SJU again in February.

Wow! I am surprised at some of the comments. We have been lucky. We have flown into San Juan the past three years and have never encountered any problems.

Now I do have to say that we always use the valet luggage that the cruise line offers so we have not had to stand in any lines except thru security. I am sorry to hear the bad comments.

I love the way they do the taxi's. There is no dispute or "not knowing what he fare will be" when they get you a cab the fare is written on the paper. Very quick and easy.

The people in and outside of the airport could not have been nicer. Very friendly and helpful.

I hope for the people who had bad experiences that your next experience will be much better.

Archived