Bar Menu/Wine List

dlalpw

They're not from 2009 but here's a link to the Bar Menu and Wine List from our cruise on the Mariner in November 2008. They should be very close, if not identical, to the current lists. http://good-times.webshots.com/album/569179098gbrlYp?vhost=good-times&start=56

Dave

Thank you! I think I had seen your post before but lost it-this is the cruise we're going on this year!

• 2 weeks later...

Dave,

I'm sorry, I guess I'm having a senior moment but I can't find the complimentary wine list in your photos. I see the Reserved Wine List and the wines featured each night in CR but not the set of alternate complimentary wines available if you aren't fond of the two offered that evening and choose not to select from the Reserved Wine List. Can yo point me in the correct direction, please?

Greg

Dave,

I'm sorry, I guess I'm having a senior moment but I can't find the complimentary wine list in your photos.

There is no published list of the complimentary wines as far as I know. From what we were told by the Mariner Head Sommelier, she chooses different wines for each cruise. There are two complimentary wines, one red and one white, chosen for each meal. We discussed this with her and she told us that her philosphy is to choose wines which might not be familiar to you. She said there are always alternative choices and it is her policy that they will keep offering you complimentary wines until they find one you like. We found this to be true for the most part but, from our experience and from other postings, it seems that some of the wine stewards haven't fully gotten the message on this. In particular, several folks, myself included, had a bit of trouble with the wine stewards in Signatures and Prime 7. If I had it to do over again I would immediately ask to speak to the Head Sommelier, Daniela Ovesea, if I had a problem. She was in and out of all the restaurants every night of our cruise. Unless you are incredibly demanding I feel sure you will be pleased with the complimentary wines.

Greg,

Don't worry, you're not having a senior moment. :D I assume a complete list of the complimentary wines must have existed but I never saw it. That's why you can't find it. They usually had three or four reds and three or four whites available each evening. When I'm on the Mariner a week from tomorrow, I'll see if I can obtain such a list.

Dave

Border Rat,

Agree generally we're fine with their selections; however, there are times when we really like a Riesling or a maybe just a wine we had last year. I've never had much of a problem getting another requested selection (at least the grape variety) except on the Paul Gauguin (which I sort of expected). There I had to "settle" for a pretty good Chardonay because they did not have a Riesling on board. Sailing the PG in FP is a tough life and one has to make sacrifices you know:D.

Archived