Any large aft cabin balconies on HA ships?

mejoe39

I sailed with Holland America once on the Westerdam a couple of years ago and lucked out to get an aft wrap around cabin. (This was before the Westerdam, Zuiderdam, and Oosterdam were reconfigured.) The balcony was huge and extended way out. :eek: I think the balcony was bigger than the cabin itself although I don't know the actual square footage. You could lay out on your balcony and get plenty of sun without having to fight for a chair around the pool. Those people in the decks above could look down and see you on the deck but I didn't mind. I was there to get some sun.

Sadly the balconies on those ships are no longer as large since (I believe)the ships were put in dry dock and refurbished. Do any of the other Holland America ships (or any other cruise line) have balconies any where near that size?

Thanks.

Just off the Oosterdam post refurbishment. I can report that he deck 4 VA we had is the same size as the one we had on the Westerdam before it was modified. Not as big as the wrapround deck in the previous post, but large enough for a lounger, armchair, ottoman, chair and small side table.

We have an aft cabin on 7 on the Noordam in January and I know the wraparound balcony is large enough for 2 chaise lounges, 2 chairs and ottoman and a dining table for 4. I saw a post somewhere on this board saying it was large enough for a 20 person cocktail party. You can see the wraparound balconies in this aft shot.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/fullsize/2873690030074544281KEPUFS

I sailed with Holland America once on the Westerdam a couple of years ago and lucked out to get an aft wrap around cabin. (This was before the Westerdam, Zuiderdam, and Oosterdam were reconfigured.) The balcony was huge and extended way out. :eek: I think the balcony was bigger than the cabin itself although I don't know the actual square footage. You could lay out on your balcony and get plenty of sun without having to fight for a chair around the pool. Those people in the decks above could look down and see you on the deck but I didn't mind. I was there to get some sun.

Sadly the balconies on those ships are no longer as large since (I believe)the ships were put in dry dock and refurbished. Do any of the other Holland America ships (or any other cruise line) have balconies any where near that size?

Thanks.

If you're referring to the Deck 5 corner suites - They still exist in the same space and configuration...

...but they're completely covered by Deck 6 above and have multiple columns in the center of the verandahs to support the weight of the overhanging suite above.

:(

Ship+Photo+Westerdam.JPG

Ship+Photo+OOSTERDAM.jpg

Thanks.

On Zuiderdam, Oosterdam and Westerdam the corners on deck 4 and 5 are still the exact same size. Deck 4 is totally unchanged. Deck 5 is just now mostly covered.

Can anyone tell me about the configuration of an SC Cabin category on the Eurodam. We are in cabin 5186 which is on the port side aft. It has a wrap around balcony. The cabin appears to have a different floor plan than the Deluxe Suite categories SB and SA.

Bob:)

Archived