Valor vs Glory?

gargoyle999

Both the Valor and Glory sail on the same days and same itinerary I am considering (Nov 28, 2010). Since both are Conquest class essentially they are exactly the same cruise! Has anyone sailed both ships and have a reason to like one more than the other?

I actually liked Valor very much, just liked the decorating scheme and the general vibe of the ship. Glory was great too, but Valor was slightly more to my taste for some reason. There's also the Orlando vs. Miami thing, some might say the port in Orlando is a bit more organized/chill/whatever. I would say it's pretty nearly a tie, but I felt like the food and the decor on the Valor was a little nicer.

Thanks for the replies so far! For this sailing they are both out of Miami. Everything is exactly the same except in Roatan Glory is 11a-6p and Valor is noon-7p. Price and everything else same. I even did a separate thread because I thought it odd that there would be the exact same cruise happening with the two ships on the exact same days. Like maybe it was a mistake on Carnival.com or something! :confused:

But if there is going to be a race between the two I want to be on the winning ship! :)

I have the same cruise booked for Mar 21 on the GLory. Since I have been already on the Valor and the Glory will be fresh out of drydock I booked the Glory. The will be sailing the whole week together.

Any idea what is happening during the drydock?

I've sailed both. For the November 2009 sailings, the main difference between the two is that Valor has the Seaside Theater while Glory does not - she will get it in January during drydock. Depending on your feelings about the Seaside Theater, that could be a plus or a minus for either ship. Personally, I liked Glory's decor better than Valor's, but I'd sail either again in a heartbeat.

I was looking at these two, also, but for Jan 2011. I was a little dissappointed that ALL the 9A's only hold 2, we have 3 in our family. Guess we'll just have to get an aft balcony, no wrap this time :(

• 4 weeks later...

That is pretty strange....guess that is the new deal when they put Dream in Canaveral

I have been on both and also preferred Valor...I thought it was more "together" (but things do change)....mostly in regards to the tendering in Belize etc

Glory seemed to have more lines to stand in

also when I sailed it (not sure now) they were doing that thing of late seating goes to the big show at the early time...like 7 pm...then rush off to eat...I didn't enjoy that much

I preferred the entertainment on Valor too (break dance team was awesome)

Any idea what is happening during the drydock?

I checked cruise deck plans dot com but they haven't posted specific renovations yet, probably similar to other that have recently gone into drydock though. Glory will at least be freshly refurbed when you plan to cruise.

We noted the same itinerary on 3 ships for the week we are cruising in December and chose the Glory because she had the most reasonable prices. I figure same itinerary why not have more money to play with?

I sailed the Glory in January and am now booked for the Valor for January 2010. They are basically the same ship with different theming. After the dry dock the Glory will also have the big movie screen. Now perhaps they may do other "upgrades" so that could decide it for you. If it came down to two similar ships and iteneraries and same departure ports then I would look to see which would give me the best price.

Archived