Roll call: Mariner of the seas 9/6/09

MOUNTAIN BEAR

I seem to have trouble getting or keeping this thread going....

And we are less than a month away.....

I know we have john and his partner from san diego......

And we are 4 seniors from the palm springs area.....

With 3000 souls on board, there must be more of us......

Hi Mountain Bear!

Yeah, I know what you mean. Our board seems to keep disappearing! ???

I wbuld think that with it being Labor Day weekend there MUST be a number of US going on this cruise.

Although, interesting to note there are quite a few cabins still available but the prices don't seem to be lowering either as of yet.

I know that we are really looking forward to getting on the ship. We haven't made any plans yet for shore excursions or what we want to do in port.

I am planning on posting a GLBT Rainbow Gathering notice on the community bulletin board if nobody else has once we board the ship.

I'm thinking the Champagne Bar for pre-dinner cocktials. This has always worked out well for a meeting location on other RCI ships we've been on and, of course, they do serve more than champagne!

Cheers!

I'm posting again so this stays toward the top of the list!

SURELY there are other family members who will be on this cruise with us!

Come out Come out wherever you are and come on this cruise with us!

Personally, I'm just wanting to be on a ship again sipping wine on our balcony in the evenings. Waking up and having coffee on the balcony in the morning. I don't even care that much about the ports, I just want to be on a ship again.

By the way, I'm wondering if you guys know if RCI provides robes in the D1 balcony staterooms. We actually have RCI robes we were given as a gift from out travel agent on a prior cruise that we will bring if needed.

John in SD

I thought i lost touch again...computer was down for 2 days....

It's not easy living in the mountains.....lol..

We are all on mtd.....and being seniors, we usually eat early.... But we won't let that stop us from getting together...

If you guys are on mtd also, it might be fun to get a table together one night....

As for port tours....i, wont be getting off the ship....due to mobility problems....and like you, i just like being on the ship. But i am sure the others will....

Come out....come out....wherever you are......

Less than 3 weeks to go.......

I see threads for 3 weeks before, and 3 or 4 weeks after our cruise.....and then there is the big one.......

It seems the family likes this ship......i am sure we will meet others on board.....

Maybe we can mix or join the threads to exchange info......

Hi Mountain Bear!

I can't believe it's only two weeks to go. I want the two weeks to go by quickly but then I want the cruise to last very long :)

I'm sure we'll find others aboard. Like I mentioned before, I'm going to post a GLBT Rainbow meeting and note aka Friends of Dorothy unless someone else beats me to it. I've found on other RCI ships that the Champagne Lounge makes for a nice spot for pre dinner coctkails since they do serve more than just champagne. Of cousrse, I'm open to other suggestions as to location.

SEE YOU SOON!

Than champagne bar it is........it sounds like you have been on this ship before.....

Is this bar very noisey.....i ask because we have the promanade room on the 6th floor right above it......

We have 6604 a hc balcony cabin and right across the hall 6603 promanade.......i am looking forward to seeing one of these rooms........

Maybe work my way up to the oasis.......

I cant believe i am even saying this....i would never even book anything more than 1000 pass.........

I guess i am trying to keep this thread going myself.....

But i will because i am sure there are some lurkers out there....

THEY SAY A GOOD PLACE TO MEET IS THE "CHAMPAGNE BAR"

..I think John (sdguys) will be posting a fod/glbt meeting time..

.........on sunday i will be there at about 3......

...the lifeboat drill is at 4.30 and we don't need life jackets......

I will be easy to spot...."a big Canadian Bear on wheels"

a blue scooter...............Clair

..........and the rest of my group......"the swiss guard"......

A French Embassador......George

A Bavarian Bier Miester...Erwin

A Sicilian Mob Singer......Santo

we are all mature, friendly, single, like to meet people, and don't bite....

...so if you see us, "SAY HI"......

HI MB - well I'm sure ready to go :)

It's going to be tough working this week thinking about the cruise!

I have a feeling that there WILL be others of us on the ship. It always surprises me how many don't know these boards exist.

We're driving up Saturday and overnighting at the Doubletree San Pedro - they have a deal that includes free parking at the hotel for the duration of the cruise and a shuttle to/from the terminal.

We're ALMOST there :)

Cheers!

John

Hi Bitch's!

My name is Joseph and my partner and I will be joining you on the cruise. I have been on eight cruises and cruising is now a passion. We live about 15 min from the port and know the area will as it is our home. See you soon!

Joseph and Steven

Hi Joseph and Stephen

, welcome to the board :)

Royal Caribbean has a policy that they don't publish any special group meetings in their daily newsletter.

Instead, they DO have a bulletin board where individuals can post announcement for special meetings.

Unless someone beats me to the punch, I will be posting a notice for a FOD - Rainbow - GLBT gathering in the champange bar for 5:30 PM on our first evening - next Sunday!

I am John and my partner's name is Steven. We are in our mid 40's and we live in San Diego and will be staying at the Doubletree San Pedro Saturday night. We look forward to meeting you.

By the way, my email is jmhinsd@hotmail.com if ya'll want to email me I'll give you my cell # and you can text me once we are on the ship to make sure we all connect.

I'm sure we'll have a great time no matter what the weather brings post hurricane! :) :) :)

Cheers!

That sounds more like it.........

And you get to start the vacation a day early......

We will come over sunday and park at the pier....

I unload my scooter right at curb side,then right on to the ship.......woo-hoo...

And with 4 of us ....a lot of stuff.....

From door to ship is less than 2 hrs......but with the fires,we might have to take the long way around......

Look forward to meeting you all on ship......

I signed up my group for the mix and mingle.....did you guys?

Archived