Serenade Adventure Ocean

NanciRDH

We were on the Serenade of the Seas to Alaska 7/25, and I just wanted to share that the crew in AO was spectacular. I had 3 children with me, ages 4, 12 & 17, and each of them had a great time in their respective age groups. All are experienced cruisers, but this cruise was by far their favorite. My 4 yo went to "camp" each day by her own choice...even staying there one port day afternoon by herself, she was the only child there in any age group! We had several family excursions planned that she kept fussing thru the whole time she was missing her camp friends. This cruise was the first that my 12 yo was out of AO...she was officially a teen according to RCI...and she was a bit worried about it as she was previously a happy AO kid. After the first day those worries were gone, and I had to be sure she kept to her curfew, she was apt to want to stay out later than her 17yo big sister! My 17yo is your typical teen, she had fun with all her new friends, and is now part of a Facebook group made up of teens from around the world who met on this cruise.

Welcome back Nancy! Glad all three of them had a great time! How was the cruise?

Thanks...we had a great time! The captain said it was the best weather he's seen in his 7 years of cruising Alaska...85 in both Skagway and Juneau. Nice for them, but for us Floridians who wanted to cool down a bit, not so much. :D I'll take that over rainy and miserable any day though!

It's good to hear that your kids enjoyed AO on Serenade. We're on the same cruise next week although the weather forcast suggests that it's going to be a little dicey. Did you make use of private babysitting at all with your 4 year old? We have 2 kids, 6 years and a toddler (19months) and we're hoping to get at least 1 night off to enjoy a quiet dinner at one of the specialty restaurants.

I just checked-in online and the SetSail pass doesn't say which port in Vancouver the ship docks at? Is it Canada Place Pier or Ballantyne Pier? I sent an email to RC last week and no response yet.

It's Ballentyne pier.

Archived