Another Bannister Island Question

debolinas

Hello,

I booked the Bannister Island excursion with Coral Breezes and then I saw it is offered by Carnival for about the same price. The Carnival one includes 1 drink and otherwise sounds about the same. Is there any advantage of one over the other?

Thanks in advance!

Deborah

Hi Deborah,

If you do the Coral Breeze tour you will have to take the tender to the port and meet the Coral Breeze rep near the Wet Lizard and if you do the Carnival tour you will be taken directly from the ship to Bannister Island on a boat (not the tender boat)

First of all, while it is a possibility that your tour may return late, Coral Breeze has been in business for quite some time (atleast 6 years, just from what I could observe poking around on their website) and knows that their livelihood depends on their reputation. Therefore they make it their business to keep you safe and on time. From their website,

"Will I miss my ship if I take your tour?

Our business is based almost entirely on cruise ship passengers. As you might expect, our tours are scheduled to fit the schedules of the cruise ships. Rest assured that we have never failed to return a passenger to his or her cruise ship in time. Our reputation depends on it."

Secondly, I've also read recently that Carnival isn't offering Bannister Caye anymore (and this is post-murder saga that went down this past winter) for one reason or another, so I'd check into that further if I were you.

"John,

The tour has today been suspended and has been removed from the program altogether (as of 1st Sept), following a recent site inspection where it was deemed that the island was not able to deliver the experience we felt our guests deserved.

Regards,

Robert Blythman – Director

Carnival Cruise Lines"

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2009/08/14/good-friday/#comments

"John,

The tour has today been suspended and has been removed from the program altogether (as of 1st Sept), following a recent site inspection where it was deemed that the island was not able to deliver the experience we felt our guests deserved.

Regards,

Robert Blythman – Director

Carnival Cruise Lines"

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2009/08/14/good-friday/#comments

Wow, I hope we are not making a mistake going there. Thanks for the info.

Wow, I hope we are not making a mistake going there. Thanks for the info.

Nah, I don't think you or I are making a mistake. Although that's the "official" Carnival statement about it, it could be something as simple as them not giving Carnival the price they wanted to renew the contract.

We booked this through Coral Breezes and I'm sure from previous reviews it should be a great excursion. I'll find out within the next couple weeks.

I went there a few years ago and absolutely loved it. I'm heading back there when I sail in Sept. I'd love to hear your review of the excursion when you get back.

Is this the beach break through carnival? I will be on valor and we were going to go thru coral breezes but they cancled on us!!!

That doesn't sound good. I've got my excursion booked through Coral Breezes. It doesn't show up as an excursion I can take during my cruise. When are you sailing?

She said that she could not give me a definite answer about it. She said most likely it is Bannister Island but that it will be available to book once you are on board. But for me since I cruise in Oct, it might be available to book online before then.

I know this doesn't help others now, but it is the most she could offer.

Hi,

we just got back from the Valor on the 16th and we booked the Bannister Island, snorkel, beach break and manitee watch thru coral breeze.

their was myself, my Dh and 3 daughters. We had a lovely time. Small but very pretty.

The highlite was the snorkeling with Hammerhead tours. They were EXCELLENT so professional. They even snorkeled with us and pointed out so much. Their equpment was excellent and they VERY much put safety first. the beach is small, but clean etc... Nothing to be scared of at all and believe me I am a big "weenie". Enjoy your tour.

Nadine

Archived