Inside Cabins on Star

noyb

We're considering another cruise on the Star and would appreciate any insights or recommendations regarding inside cabins on this ship.

Is one deck preferable to another, should we try and book a specific cabin, etc?

Thank you.

Don't choose a cabin in the very front of the ship. We had 8501 on the Dawn, which is the sister ship to the Star, and the noise/vibration from the bow thrusters when pulling in or out of ports is really bad. Stuff shook off the shelves and the noise could wake the dead.

We chose "sideways" inside cabins this time on the Star. Do a search on them here, they are supposed to have a better layout and are more roomy.

As far as deck selection, make sure you aren't under a nightclub or the pool deck to avoid noise. If you are prone to seasickness, stay mid-ship. I always seem to end up on deck 8, which is fine by me.

It looks like 'Outside View' cabins are less than $50 more than the inside cabins, are there reasons the inside cabins would be preferred over the outside view cabins? I could appreciate the level of darkness that you would get with an inside cabin, but are there other benefits as well? I haven't seen either cabin type yet so I wouldn't know.

thx

It looks like 'Outside View' cabins are less than $50 more than the inside cabins, are there reasons the inside cabins would be preferred over the outside view cabins? I could appreciate the level of darkness that you would get with an inside cabin, but are there other benefits as well? I haven't seen either cabin type yet so I wouldn't know.

thx

50 bucks will buy you 12-15 beers.:cool:

We're considering another cruise on the Star and would appreciate any insights or recommendations regarding inside cabins on this ship.

Is one deck preferable to another, should we try and book a specific cabin, etc?

Thank you.

You didn't mention the intinerary, but last year our friends(inside cabin) and my dh and I(Outside) were both on deck 5 mid ship on the Star to Alaska. Often the gnagplank was on our deck, making for a quick getaway :) It is also convenient to dining and the promenade. Our cabins were identical except their's had a big mirror where our window was.

We loved the ship and the itinerary.

Mexican Riviera March 2010. We love the ports of call. We drive to San Pedro. We feel the prices represent real value.

All your comments and insights are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Archived