Radisson in Cape Canaveral

Smuncha Luncha

Can anyone who has stayed at the Radisson in Cape Canaveral tell me what the difference is with their Carribean Style rooms vs the Sleep Number Bed rooms? Obviously the decor is different, but I'm wondering what else. I've heard mention about some rooms having gone through recent renovations. Is that one of these vs the other?

Any help would definitely be appreciated! :)

I stayed there last year for one-night pre-cruise. It was very nice and I would do it again in a heartbeat if leaving from Port Canaveral. in the future. I don't think there is a difference in the rooms...all seem to have the Sleep Number beds and the "Caribbean" decor. At least from looking at their web site, I don't see where you can book one vs. the other.

When we stayed last year we had a "Carribean" decor (just like the photos on their site) room with two double sleep number beds, for four adults. It was decidedly cramped, but served the purpose well....we just wanted a nice place to crash the night before we left port. Next time, I'd probably plan to get to the Radisson a bit earlier than we did last year and enjoy the daytime in their beautiful pool. At night time, we hung out at the outdoor bar and enjoyed an acoustic guitar player. This place is definitely a great deal for leaving from Port Canaveral.

Hope this helps a little.

Radisson Cape Canaveral did just renovate and from what I understand, all the renovated rooms have sleep number beds. I have heard a lot of complaints about the sleep number beds. Seems like women hate them, men don't seem to be bothered. I don't know if the different room types mean different bed types or not though. By the way, that's really the only type of complaint I hear about Radisson Resort at the Port. Everything else is great.

Thanks for the info so far. What I was told by the Radisson was that the sleep number rooms are "standard hotel decor" while the carribean rooms are just that. But they couldn't tell me (or wouldn't tell me) anything more past that about renovations and which rooms were impacted.

:):) It's a lovely hotel ---- very near to the cruise port --- don't fret so much about the decor - especially if you are only staying a nite or two.

If you like seafood --- have lunch or dinner at Fishlips --- also the hotel

has a free shuttle to the cruise pier. You do need to reserve a spot though. We paid about $ 100 for the one night we were there on Jan. 3,'09 --- could have stayed somewhere more reasonable but we had a

very large group from the Cruisecritic Roll-call there and had a nice

get-toegether that eveing at the pool. I would definitely stay there again. ;)

Can anyone who has stayed at the Radisson in Cape Canaveral tell me what the difference is with their Carribean Style rooms vs the Sleep Number Bed rooms? Obviously the decor is different, but I'm wondering what else. I've heard mention about some rooms having gone through recent renovations. Is that one of these vs the other?

Any help would definitely be appreciated! :)

Check out my sig on the Glory to see pics of the room and the grounds. Beautiful!

Luv's Crusin'

Archived