To many ships in port

There is a calendar that the Alaskan Port Assc/Auth. puts out at the beginning of the season that states which ships will dock and which will tender. i do know that they rotate for fairness. It is a PDF doc, I have found it a couple of times, helped me out quite a bit. You may have to Google. Good luck!

you may want to check the times most ships only spend 1/2 a day in Juneau so although it says 5 will be in port they may not all be there at once

Respectfully disagree with this Larry, as we have been to Juneau twice, once on Summit and once on Radiance, and each time we were there the whole day.

Respectfully disagree with this Larry, as we have been to Juneau twice, once on Summit and once on Radiance, and each time we were there the whole day.

Patti, If you recall on our Ultimate Alaska cruise in Sept.07, the Radiance was only docked in the AM and had to leave the dock in the late morning to give that spot to an another ship, a HAL one that was arriving mid-day and had that spot reserved. RC were tendering back to the ship in the PM. That's what my photo album shows. This one shows the HAL ship's arrival and another shows the tender service in the PM. You can see the Radiance's mooring lines have been cast off and she is ready to leave the dock.

DSC01418a.jpg

Archived