Calling All Aft Balcony Addicts for help

canuckgal

I'll make sure to check both those places..;) I bet cash could easily be placed in either one of those spots.. heheee.. :p

My friends will put things in places around the ship. In a book in the library or taped under a table, etc., and then leave a map of clues.

We had two such Treasure Hunts on the Dawn, but our "treasures" were found first by others, so when we figured out the hints, our treasures were gone.:(

We did of course have fun with hunt, but we weren't sure if we followed all the clues correctly, or if the item was found by somebody else.

Turns out we did follow the clues correctly, but alas, no treasure.....

However, I know of others did have the fun of the hunt AND their treasure was there waiting for them!

We had two such Treasure Hunts on the Dawn, but our "treasures" were found first by others, so when we figured out the hints, our treasures were gone.:(

We did of course have fun with hunt, but we weren't sure if we followed all the clues correctly, or if the item was found by somebody else.

Turns out we did follow the clues correctly, but alas, no treasure.....

However, I know of others did have the fun of the hunt AND their treasure was there waiting for them!

I want a treasure waiting for me:(:(

PS- Love the aft (hate the drake!)

• 3 weeks later...
So this thread seems to be a good place to ask this question...I have watched that Travel Channel show "Cruising Do's and Don't's" so many times I could practically recite it to you now. And they make a point to NOT get an aft stateroom because of noise. So, is that ever a problem for those of you that prefer these rooms, or is that pretty much out-dated information?

We've reserved a stern cabin on a prior cruise and never heard any "noise". As a matter of fact, on our last cruise we didn't know we left the dock until we looked out the balcony. Once you do the stern cabin, you will be hooked and never go back. Happy cruisin' :)

So this thread seems to be a good place to ask this question...I have watched that Travel Channel show "Cruising Do's and Don't's" so many times I could practically recite it to you now. And they make a point to NOT get an aft stateroom because of noise. So, is that ever a problem for those of you that prefer these rooms, or is that pretty much out-dated information?

I also have that show memorized....lol

The reason that they state not to book aft and/or forward cabins is the noise from the thrusters and the sound of the anchor going down... Well, I will say the anchor part was right on(we had forward cabin on the Gem) but the thruster problem didnt really pose a problem....Some people refuse to book aft cabins thinking its a vibrating hell hole for the week!! I say, let them think that....more aft choices for me:D:D

well, thank you to everyone for your replies! we will be staying put on deck 10 because, although there are still some AC's left on other decks, the connecting BD's and BC's that we need too are all gone already, so I am really glad we were already booked. i wish it was this christmas that we were going- but alas, we will have to wait over a year still! we have sailed on the Sun before and know we will love her again!!

Archived