Finding a tour in Nassau at the dock???

jdg80

Has anyone ever found a cab driver to give them a tour of the island? I remember doing this once with my Dad when I was a kid and we had a great time. Where is the best place to find them and how much is a reasonable price? Did you tell them what all you wanted to see? We leave in 2 days for our New Years cruise on the Soverign. Thanks!!!

There were dozens, literally dozens, of cab drivers willing to take you on various tours the second you step off the ship. The prices ranged from 5 dollars each (my husband and I) and the highest one I heard was 20 dollars each, but it was a one hour tour. My husband and I took a horse and carriage tour, hour long, for 20 dollars (for both of us). It was a wonderful way to see the area...we could take our time and the knowledgable guide, Erik, told us so much history. We also had our picture taken on the carriage...which was a beautiful keepsake.

Enjoy! Have a great time!

My husband, father, son and I just came back from Nassau after spending Christmas Day there. We took a 2 1/2 hour tour that consisted of landmarks around Nassau with a stop by Ft. Fincastle to buy souvenirs. Our tour guide Barbara was very nice and gave us a lot of history on Nassau. We then went over to Paradise Island for a tour of the Atlantis Resort and the Aquarium - very beautiful. It was well worth $20.00 p.p. We did hear one tour company give a price of $40.00 p.p. The only bad thing about visiting Nassau on Christmas was of course the stores were closed! We did shop at the straw market and one good souvenir store was open (you can bet I talked the sellers down to half price). Act like you're not interested in the item if they don't budge and walk away. I guarantee you they will come down to your price and it worked everytime for me.

We had a great time. However, we didn't go to Coco Cay due to high winds.

FYI The name of the tour company in Nassau is called "Bubba's" tour/Tax Service P.O. Box N-8863 Nassau, N.P., Bahamas Tel: 242-364-6627 356-2621 Cell 556-9213

we are going next week-- and my family has decided not to book anything in advance.. they all just want to wander or see if there is a cab that will take us around. Its good to hear that there may be some options available to us.

How long of a tour do you think is needed to see it all? and do any of the cabbies let you out to walk the queens stairs and such or do you have to stay in the cab? oh and one more question will there be maps provided when you get off the boat? or should I print one off line?

we are going next week-- and my family has decided not to book anything in advance.. they all just want to wander or see if there is a cab that will take us around. Its good to hear that there may be some options available to us.

How long of a tour do you think is needed to see it all? and do any of the cabbies let you out to walk the queens stairs and such or do you have to stay in the cab? oh and one more question will there be maps provided when you get off the boat? or should I print one off line?

The actual tour was 2 1/2 hours ($20.00 p.p). The tour guide (Barbara of Bubba's Tour and Taxi Company let us out at Fort Fincastle (to buy souvenirs and take pictures). No one was interested in walking up the Queen's Staircase, but I assume if you ask they will stop. As for the map, I printed one off the internet but it's pretty easy getting around Nassau and Paradise Island. The main street is Bay Street.

Have a great time!

• 3 weeks later...

kaj2870

Did you book the tour before you cruised, or did it when you got off the ship? Also did you tell her what things you wanted to see, or did she just automatically take you to all the "hot" spots of Nassau? Did you do the Atlantis resort on your own, or was that included in the tour? And one more thing (sorry for all of the questions) did she quote you the $20 pp or did you make an offer?

Archived