Can we check our bags an hour or so before we board? We want to surprise the kids.

scrapulous

First time cruisers here. We are leaving TOMORROW!!!! YAY!!!

Anyway, we want to surprise the kids. Every time we go to Galveston we watch the cruise ship depart. The kids LOVE it. They've often said they wish they could be on the ship. So, ideally we want to be able just to walk up to the ship with the cruise documents in my purse, and say, "Hey, let's get on this ship!" They'd be STUNNED. But in order to do that my husband would have to drop us off to "shop" nearby, go to Lighthouse parking and park, get all the bags checked, then walk over to us and act like he had just parked the car somewhere.

Will Carnival let him do that if he has all four funpasses and passports with him? Or do you have to board the ship at the same time as your bags?

I haven't cruised out of Galveston, but at all the ports I've cruised from, you just drive to the curb by the ship and give your luggage to a porter then go park your car. The whole family does not need to be there and I don't believe we've had to show documentation at that point.

What a great surprise for the kids!

We also haven't cruised out of Galveston before, but have been able to drop off bags with the porter for check-in and then parked or able to do something else before checking in to board the ship. Have a great time. We surprised our kids once by driving past the destination they thought we were going to, and it was a great vacation. Your kids should love it. Enjoy & Happy Cruisin!!!:)

Wow how fun for your kids!!! You really need to come back and let us know how it went.

A friend and I did something similar for another friend who was going thru a really rough time. She'd always wanted to see the Blue Man Group, so we got tickets... but didn't tell her. Took her out to breakfast that morning.. and just kept driving... LOL. To make a long story short, when we walked into the theater she was freaking out because she didn't know we had tickets... she thought we were "trespassing or something".. her words. When I handed the person at the door our tickets she burst into tears... LOL.

Do please come back and share! I LOVE surprises!!

Oh yay!! Thank you guys SO much. I'm super excited now. The kids are 8 and 10. It has been SO hard to plan and shop for this trip without their knowledge! I'm just really glad they already have passports so I didn't have to try to figure out how to explain that one to them. :D Since we live in Houston and go to Galveston a lot, they will not be suspicious at all.

I'll be sure to check back in here when we get back!

Have a great cruise. What makes this even more special is the fact that your kids enjoy going to watch the ship depart. They will be so happy when you tell them that they will be getting on this time. Oh, I would love to see their little faces. How sweet this is going to be. :)

You should have NO problems doing this in Galveston!

It's the easiest terminal! Just have your husband drop you off down the street, he can drop off the luggage (and tip), drop off the car in parking and then meet you!

I want to hear how this turns out for everyone!

Wow, it makes me wish my children were little again so we could do something like this. Well they were little and we had the money and time we have now.

I am so excited for you and can't wait to read your review.

Archived