Suggestions Please

beachnut41955

I am posting this here to hopefully get some suggestions. My friend and I plan to go to an island in the Caribbean next spring/summer for a week of just relaxation and being beach bums. I have been to Cancun, Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Great Stirrup Cay on previous cruise, but none of the other islands. If you could choose one island to visit for a week looking for wonderful accomodations, a fantastic beach, etc. which one would it be? We will be 2 women alone, so want to also feel safe. All suggestions and any resort/accomodation suggestions would be greatly appreciated from any who have visited the islands. We are considering St. Lucia, Nevis, St. Kitts, and really any of the islands. We want a dream vacation of lazing by the beach in hammocks/lounges, wonderful meals, a room with an ocean view for enjoying coffee in the mornings and drinks in the evening. Thank you in advance for all suggestions. I have been reading, but there are so many choices that it gets overwhelming. For those of you who have been there you might have some ideas. Not just limited to the above listed islands.

How about St. Maarten/St.Martin....such a great island with that all so wonderful caribbean feel. There are quite a number of resorts both on the Dutch and French sides. Two of the newest resorts are the Radisson Resort, Marina and Spa and the Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa. Both resorts are very, very nice. The shopping in both Philipsburg & Marigot is great, restaurants(especially on the French side) are superb. And don't forget the infamous "Orient Beach". I don't think you can go wrong. You can do as little as you want or have a non-stop blast of a time. Check it out!!!

Archived