When will Carnival get new itineraries?!?!

tjeanty

Hi All,

My SO and I are committed Carnival Cruisers, but all of the Caribbean itineraries are the same, and some just lack our interest. Next year, we are seriously contemplating about RC. I love Carnival, but am so skeptic about RC; the only thing that is pulling me towards RC is their itineraries, especially the Caribbean. For those of you who have sailed RC, but are avid Carnival lovers, how was your experience? Does it compare to Carnival? And when will Carnival change up their ports of call???:mad:

Hi All,

My SO and I are committed Carnival Cruisers, but all of the Caribbean itineraries are the same, and some just lack our interest. Next year, we are seriously contemplating about RC. I love Carnival, but am so skeptic about RC; the only thing that is pulling me towards RC is their itineraries, especially the Caribbean. For those of you who have sailed RC, but are avid Carnival lovers, how was your experience? Does it compare to Carnival? And when will Carnival change up their ports of call???:mad:

After 9 Carnival cruises I did my first on RCI. The experience is very similar, at least on the older RCI ship that we were on. There were not huge differences in food, service or ammenities. The room on RCI was smaller, but the ship was very nice. Carnival's food was a bit better I thought, and I missed Carnival's 24 hour pizzeria and ice cream. Overall, I enjoyed RCI and will cruise with them again. Not as much as I will with Carnival, but thats only because I don't feel their product is vastly superior to merit the higher prices.

That is what makes competition so great. If Carnival or any other cruise does not go where you want to go, you can always just go with another line. Carnival has changed their trips to Alaska, going out of Seattle now. There are only so many ports in the Carib that cruise ships can go too. Do you really want to go to somewhere if there are 10 cruise ships in port at any one time. What a zoo that would be. Personally I don't care where the boat is going, it's being at sea that make it for me. After 34 years living and working on boats I am no longer able too and cruising is the next best thing for me.

OP- I don't know what part of the country you are in or have sailed from. But have you thought about looking at different home ports? For example, I have sailed out of Florida and Mobile. I have thought about a west coast itinerary in the future, or flying to San Juan to pick up the Southern Caribbean.

Just a thought...

I think you would find that they are more alike than different. While I think the food is better (for the most part) on Carnival (altho I did love the salad bar in the mdr on the Mariner), the service (IMO) is about the same. The shows are about the same, some better, some worse (the ice show was good on RC) We have a set time we can go at the end of August, so we check to see which one fits our schedule, either one is good for us. If there are 2 that fit, we check $$ and ports, then decide. Go, enjoy! :D

Your thread is titled "when will CCL get new itineraries", but then you start talking as if RCL has much different itieneraries in the caribbean ? Both cruiselines pretty much follow similar itineraries for the most part, but if it is the difference in cruiselines you are talking about.... RCL will offer the SHIP as the itinerary more so the ports of call. More bells & whistles will command a higher cruise package though.... be careful what you ask for as you may get it and be disappointed or with less cash in your pocket at the end of the week ! :eek:

Variety is the spice of life. I cruised Carnival and then I cruised RCCL for about ten cruises in a row and we've thrown in Princess, NCL, MSC, X, HAL and the next one is Carnival. Most of them are about the same, they each do some things better and some things worse. I had read how horrible NCL was and it turned out to be great, I had read how Princess was the only way to go and I was dissapointed (my own fault) because it was really no better or worse then the rest. If you don't expect it to be too much different then the others you will be fine. I pick the iten., price, and embarkation port and decide which one will be the better value.

Hi All,

Don't be skeptical about RCCL especially the newer ships. While the food, shows and most aspects of RCCL is about the same as Carnival the newer ships blow away anything Carnival has for beauty, awe factor and especially for outdoor activities. That is my opinion as a 20X Carnival cruiser. Now price is a factor to me but if you can get an RCCL close to carnivals price give it a try. I do not think you will be disappointed.

Archived