Leaving ship after check-in before sailing

siegswife

We are leaving this Saturday (OMG I'm so excited!!!) from pier 66. The early embarkation time is noon. My question(s): can we leave the ship after checking in and is there anything neato to see withing walking distance of the pier? We are only going to be in town one night and I want to make the most of it.

Thanks in advance,

Newbie-cruiser-nurse

Yes, you can leave the ship after checking in. As far as things that are walking distance--well, its kind of a long walk, but a quick cab ride to Pikes Place Market for a quick bite and a little sight seeing. This is true Seattle! It is a fantastic place, the flower stalls are beautiful! Pick up a bouquet and then ask your cabin steward for a vase, they will last most of the week. If you go,be sure to stop and watch the "flying fish" at the center of the mkt. Remember that you must to be back on board in time for the muster drill, so check your daily schedule before you leave the ship for time and place.

We are leaving this Saturday (OMG I'm so excited!!!) from pier 66. The early embarkation time is noon. My question(s): can we leave the ship after checking in and is there anything neato to see withing walking distance of the pier? We are only going to be in town one night and I want to make the most of it.

Thanks in advance,

Newbie-cruiser-nurse

Walk about two blocks south, just past the Marriott Hotel, and take the elevator up to the Western Avenue level, from which it's another couple of blocks (south) to the Pike Market.

Alternatively, you can walk or take the free waterfront bus (formerly streetcar) line - route 99 down to Pier 55 and take the Elliott Bay Water Taxi over to West Seattle for some splendid views of the skyline (including your ship parked in front). http://www.kingcounty.gov/transportation/kcdot/Marine/WaterTaxi.aspx

Or stay on the same "streetcar" and go down to Pioneer Square and walk around the historic core of the city - some good shops and cafes.

Archived