The Debate - Need your advice

Canadian_Made

So my wife and I are planning our second cruise... January 31-February 7 on the Emerald Princess. Last year we were on the Ruby Princess and went to Jamaica, Cozumel, Grand Caymen and Princess Cays, we had a obstructed view room etc.. loved it. This year we are going to St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Turks and Princess Cays and I am debating on getting a balcony, e734 (rear of ship).

Have any of you fine people had a balcony at the rear of the ship and if so what are your experiences? Also my parents are coming and the inlaws lol and I am trying to book them a room that is obstructed, the layout of the ship doesn't really show there rooms being obstructed. Has anyone been in rooms E630 or E632?

Thank you in advance

I think you made a very good choice with E630 or 632. I looked them up on the deck plan and it appears the only obstruction will be if they care to look forward. There are tenders to the right of their window, but it sure won't hamper their view of the ocean whatsoever.

As for you question about balconys at the rear of the ship, are you meaning totally aft or rear as in far towards the aft on the port or starboard sides?

There are a lot of thread about that cabin. Just go to the where the page numbers are and where it says Search this Forum just put in E734. All kinds of threads come up. Now some are on different ship but they are sister ships and basically the same.

Marilyn

So my wife and I are planning our second cruise... January 31-February 7 on the Emerald Princess. Last year we were on the Ruby Princess and went to Jamaica, Cozumel, Grand Caymen and Princess Cays, we had a obstructed view room etc.. loved it. This year we are going to St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Turks and Princess Cays and I am debating on getting a balcony, e734 (rear of ship).

Have any of you fine people had a balcony at the rear of the ship and if so what are your experiences? Also my parents are coming and the inlaws lol and I am trying to book them a room that is obstructed, the layout of the ship doesn't really show there rooms being obstructed. Has anyone been in rooms E630 or E632?

Thank you in advance

All the rooms we asked about are already booked. Aft balcony rooms are highly sought after. Have you ever tried doing a dummy booking at Princess.com to check on room availability? Here is a good thread about aft cabins. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=808951&highlight=aft+balconies

Good Luck.

Love at least a balcony, and if not to much more $$ a MINI.

Have booked aft several times and very pleased with room.

Usually a corner room so only company on one side, you get the side view as well as the back view and it is so quiet in the hall way.

You can capture sunset and sunrise from the balcony depending on the side of the ship you are on.

Once in a suite and it was so awesome.. large balcony and so peaceful.

The wake is so calming and you can do your sail-a -way with your parents off your deck. 4 chairs and a table.

Go for the aft and balcony... you will surely enjoy and then you will get bitten by the balcony bug for future cruises.

Archived