Carnival Tender Question

Crystalbast

How does Carnival handle tender tickets for people who don't sign up for their excursions? What time can you pick up your ticket and where do you have to go? I have signed up for a snorkeling excursion with Native Way Watersports and need to meet them by 8:30a. Will it be a problem?

Thanks!

How does Carnival handle tender tickets for people who don't sign up for their excursions? What time can you pick up your ticket and where do you have to go? I have signed up for a snorkeling excursion with Native Way Watersports and need to meet them by 8:30a. Will it be a problem?

Thanks!

From my notes from last year. They hand out tickets beginning at 7am on Deck 5, which is Promenade deck. We were the first ones there and we arrived in GC from the ferry at 7:30am. Keep in mind that after we got our tender passes we went to our rooms to get our stuff. You should be there on time if you do what we did.

However, I was kinda upset when I got to Floor 0 to see that they were not even checking our tender passes. I felt like I could have gone straight to floor 0 and wait in line without my tender passes before 7am and got onto the ferry.

Has anyone experienced this before?? Does one actually need a tender pass??:confused:

We were also worried about getting off the tender in time for out non-ship tour. We got early tender tickets, and also were prepared to show our excursion info, as proof that we needed off the ship asap. But, no one checked out tickets, either. We just joined the herd and boarded the tender with no problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Just came off Destiny last month and did the Rays,Reef and Rum Point tour. We got up around 7 AM,ate breaksfast, got our stuff and just got in line for the tenders. We got on the first tender that pulled up and were at the dock with lots of time to spare. The guys at Nativeways are great,they'll be holding a sign and wearing their t-shirts.It was my 2nd time with them. Have a great time!

We're just off the Freedom and we made our 8:30 tour with almost an hour to spare. We went down to the tender ticket place a little after 7:00 and were told to just go on down to 0. We walked right on to a tender.

Note that the Freedom DOES turn back the clock during daylight savings, so your 8:30 tour will be 8:30 ship time. But as long as you're up early, you'll have no trouble making it.

We're just off the Freedom and we made our 8:30 tour with almost an hour to spare. We went down to the tender ticket place a little after 7:00 and were told to just go on down to 0. We walked right on to a tender.

Note that the Freedom DOES turn back the clock during daylight savings, so your 8:30 tour will be 8:30 ship time. But as long as you're up early, you'll have no trouble making it.

As we don't have daylight savings in AZ, could you tell me if in October the ship time will be same as CG time? Thanks.

I am nervous as well about the tender process. Last year we had to tender into Cozumel due to their being a shocking 8 or 10 ships in port that day! Carnival never mentioned anything about having to get tender tickets so we didn't know. I honestly don't think that Carnival even knew that there were so many ships in port that day, needless to say we spent 3 or so HOURS waiting in stairwells to get off the ship because there were only 4 tender boats unloading so many ships in port! it was ridiculous! There were people crying, some panicking do to being stuck in the stairwells and obviously some people boiling with anger. So, for this having to do the tender process again has made me a little anxious!

As we don't have daylight savings in AZ, could you tell me if in October the ship time will be same as CG time? Thanks.

I think it depends no the ship and the captain. I can only speak for the Carnical Freedom where yes, the ship time would be the same the same as GC time.

It seems like the only way to be completely sure is to call the line and ask about your particular ship. DST ends the first Sunday in November now, so if you're sailing out of Florida, you may stay on Florida time the whole cruise, or the ship may adjust it's clock when it sails into a different time zone. If it's something that would cause you a problem, then best to call to be sure.

Archived