Question about Booking

If I put a deposit down on a cruise, then something comes up and I cannot cruise, but I cancel before the final payment is due (for any reason), will I get all of my money back? If not, could I at least transfer the deposit to another cruise?

Anyone have experience with this?

Sue, you have a lot of experience around here, so maybe you can clear up my confusion. You say it's fully refundable, but i was just at RCI's website today and it said like if you cancel at the 70-30 day period, you get back your deposit. 30-something...don't remember what...you get back 50%. Then you lose the whole thing once you get real close.

How/when is it FULLY refundable if you're under the 70-day mark? (OP didn't specify a date, just that final payment wasn't due yet...)

Oh wait, is it because final payment is due at the 70-day mark? I think I got it now. :)

Sue, you have a lot of experience around here, so maybe you can clear up my confusion. You say it's fully refundable, but i was just at RCI's website today and it said like if you cancel at the 70-30 day period, you get back your deposit. 30-something...don't remember what...you get back 50%. Then you lose the whole thing once you get real close.

How/when is it FULLY refundable if you're under the 70-day mark? (OP didn't specify a date, just that final payment wasn't due yet...)

Oh wait, is it because final payment is due at the 70-day mark? I think I got it now. :)

Yes, ANY time before you hit final payment day, your deposit is fully refundable.

Your final paragraph says it all!! If you are at the 69 day mark, you will not get a full refund.;)

Rick

Hi, I am guessing you aren't from UK?

In UK any bookings made that you cancel outside 56 days before sailing you lose your deposit. Then you get certain charges the closer to sailing you are.

Don't know about USA bkgs though.

Cancellation charges apply regardless of whether you book in a travel agency or direct with RCI.

Hope that helps?

Hi, I am guessing you aren't from UK?

In UK any bookings made that you cancel outside 56 days before sailing you lose your deposit. Then you get certain charges the closer to sailing you are.

Don't know about USA bkgs though.

Cancellation charges apply regardless of whether you book in a travel agency or direct with RCI.

Hope that helps?

OP is from the states so fully refundable until 70 day mark. You rules are much different.

Archived