Chef's Table / Dinner

Denali2003

What time were you asked to meet and where? Any chance of seeing a show before or after dinner. Have to admit from what I read this is a "live" show.

Ours in Alaska was at 6:30pm, and we were done in time for the 10:15pm show.

You do not have to dress up for chef's table. They tell you to dress nice, but casual. They make you sign papers saying you are not sick etc. The paperwork also says you should wear closed toe shoes, for health and cleanliness reasons. They give you a white lab coat/blazer to wear in the galley and have you wash hands. It was an amazing three hours.

This sounds very interesting. I know my DH would love it! The only thing is that I am a vegetarian(he is not); do they accomodate special requests for the Chef's table?

They do ask if you have any special requests/allergies when you request a reservation. No one in our group had any.

I know, me, too! Plus, every time I set the glass down to take a photo, a waiter slid up and refilled it, and naturally I had to pick it back up and drink -- I mean, you can't let it go to waste.

It was a rough time to have to pick back up the glass and drink it.....I managed to make the sacrafice:D And the wine and champaign selected for our Chef's table was not the cheap stuff either. Found the red wine at a local liquor store here and it ran $45 a bottle.

There are no other restrictions besides the caution about open-toed shoes. Most on our evening dressed up a bit better than they would have for just regular smart-casual evening -- it is a pretty special event and one would want to dress to reflect that.

There is a meeting the night before the dinner to go over a few things. They do give you a list of dos and don'ts (don't touch the food in the galley, etc) They also ask that you are not sick or anything like that and also check on any allergies. Do one had any in our group so it was a non-issue. Not sure what they would do if there was.

Tim

Would any one with a food allergy be denied :confused:

I guess it would depend on what the food allergies were. I got the feeling they were looking for people shell fish issues. I would guess the chef could adjust as needed, but if the allergies were severe enough, this might not be the best thing for someone. Last thing you would want is someone to end up in the medical center with a severe allergic reaction.

Tim

Archived