Best tour co. for zipline in Puerto Limon?

jetstorm

I'm looking for info. including websites for your favorite zipline tour operators in Puerto Limon. Please include any pricing and the name of the zipline used if possible along with the name of the tour company used. Any info. will be appreciated.

I've already the other posts on ziplines that I could find, but I'm looking for additional info. on multiple companies all in one thread.

Not a tour operator, but a park offering ziplines and more:

Jungle Breezes -

http://www.junglebreeze.com/rates_packages.htm

PRICES: (PER PERSON, INTERNATIONAL RATES)

Right of Entrance (Heliconia Garden, Rancho Mirador) Rates

Adults $ 20

Students $ 15

Children (5-12 yrs) $ 15

La Jungla Trail Rates

Adults $ 20

Students $ 15

Children (5-12 yrs) $ 15

Horse Back Riding Rates

Adults $ 30

Students $ 25

Children (5-12 yrs) $ 25

Zip Line Tour Rates

Adults $ 45

Students $ 35

Children (5–12 yrs) $ 35

We booked a tour with Okeydokey that included the Jungle Breeze zipline...it was so much fun!:) I have some photos in my cruise review (link is in my signature.)

Oh, thanks so much for the link and info. I can't wait to see your pictures.

We went to the Jungle Breezes zipline and had a great time. They take safety very seriously. I think there were 13 lines and some were very high and long. (SuperFast). Way better than other zips in Roatan etc.

We went with a local tour guide Eduardo Humphreys who took care of us the entire day. He also brought us down the jungle river tour and to a local beach and a tour of Limon. It was the best excursion I have ever done. Check him out. His prices are really low compared to the ship. You won't be disappointed. Just do a search for Your Lucky Tour in Costa Rica and you will find his website.....

I'm still looking at these and hoping for more info. from other people, but I have another question about the ziplines, do you have to slow yourself to a stop at each platform or do the people on the platforms do that for you?

I'm still looking at these and hoping for more info. from other people, but I have another question about the ziplines, do you have to slow yourself to a stop at each platform or do the people on the platforms do that for you?

The staff at Jungle Breeze helped us stop at each platform...it was not something you had to worry about.

Here are a couple of short videos of DH on the Jungle Breeze zipline...it might give you a better idea of what it is like:

AryMay,

Thank you , thank you , thank you for the videos. That made my stomach flip just watching. I hope I have the nerve to keep up with my husband and daughter.

You will do fine...just keep telling yourself that you can't miss this or you will regret it forever!! :)

Really...I am in my mid-50's, overweight, out of shape...and very "un"-athletic...so when I say "if I can do it anyone can"...it is the truth!

As I said in my review...I knew I "should" be scared...but it was just so much fun I didn't even think about it. And if you watched the video...there really isn't any way to fall. With the two lines attached to your harness you are always anchored to something.

My husband is a very experienced rock climber and he was very comfortable with the equipment and safety precautions.

Have a great time!

I just wanted to thank everyone who replied for all your help in answering my questions, sending info. on tour companies, and your pictures/videos.

After much reading and emailing companies, we have decided to book with Danilo Hall with Adventure Caribbean. He is picking us up in one of his taxis and will drive us to and from the zipline. He has vans for large groups but we chose to go with just our little family (unless we have more family join us on the cruise).

Thanks again everyone and I hope this thread helps others.

I just wanted to thank everyone who replied for all your help in answering my questions, sending info. on tour companies, and your pictures/videos.

After much reading and emailing companies, we have decided to book with Danilo Hall with Adventure Caribbean. He is picking us up in one of his taxis and will drive us to and from the zipline. He has vans for large groups but we chose to go with just our little family (unless we have more family join us on the cruise).

Are you going to Jungle Breezes, or another site? How much is Danilo charging for how many people?

Thanks in advance

Any other plans for the day...or just the zipline?

Are you going to Jungle Breezes, or another site? How much is Danilo charging for how many people?

Thanks in advance

I'm not sure which site he uses, I still have some questions I've emailed to him, but he charges $60.00 which includes transportation and the zipline with a stop at a beach before heading back to the port. He qoted us $60.pp and said he could put us in his taxi or he had bigger vans/buses for larger groups. From what I gathered he is the owner and a guide plus he has others that are guides for him. His email is: adventurecaribbean@yahoo.com and web page is: www.geocities.com/adventure_caribbean

If and when I find out more I'll post it.

Hope this helps.

I'm not sure which site he uses, I still have some questions I've emailed to him, but he charges $60.00 which includes transportation and the zipline with a stop at a beach before heading back to the port. He qoted us $60.pp and said he could put us in his taxi or he had bigger vans/buses for larger groups. From what I gathered he is the owner and a guide plus he has others that are guides for him. His email is: adventurecaribbean@yahoo.com and web page is: www.geocities.com/adventure_caribbean

Hope this helps.

The email I tried yesterday had an underscore line between the 'adventure' and the caribbean@yahoo.com I'll try the one you gave above also. Thanks

The email I tried yesterday had an underscore line between the 'adventure' and the caribbean@yahoo.com I'll try the one you gave above also. Thanks

Just had a reply from the address with the underscore between the leading words.

We'll be booking with Danilo also, since he described a tour containing just what I wanted:

"....the zip lines that I use are Jungle Breeze and Cedar Valley, the cost of this tour is $60 per person. This price includes transportation both ways, admission fee, water, soft drinks, and fruits.After this tour is over I will make a stop at one of our local beaches, this place is just ten minutes drive from our port, at this beach restaurants are available. During the tour we makes stops for picutres etc...."

I'll definitely post a mini-review in this thread when we return in early October.

You are right, I was wrong. The email should have the underscore. Sorry about that. It may take him two days to get back to you, that has been my experience, but he does answer all your questions.

• 1 month later...
I'm not sure which site he uses, I still have some questions I've emailed to him, but he charges $60.00 which includes transportation and the zipline with a stop at a beach before heading back to the port. He qoted us $60.pp and said he could put us in his taxi or he had bigger vans/buses for larger groups. From what I gathered he is the owner and a guide plus he has others that are guides for him. His email is: adventure_caribbean@yahoo.com and web page is: www.geocities.com/adventure_caribbean

Hope this helps.

Our group of 8 went with Danilo and Shanny last week to Cedar Valley to zipline.(one of us took the wagon ride while the others zipped). Danilo drove while Shanny narrated. She was extremely knowledgeable and very proud of her country. She was also good at keeping the incessant child beggars away from the van after one of the women in our group started handing out dollar bills to them. Shanny explained that this was a school day and the kids were all breaking the law cutting class in order to beg from cruise tourists. The van's A/C only took 2 minutes to turn deliciously icy cold, and bottled juice/water were provided in a cooler.

We first stopped at a fruit stand to try out local varieties of tropical fruits. I thought that this would be boring (a fruit stand, really :confused: ) but we all enjoyed it very much. :)

Then on to ziplining -- 10 platforms that included a high altitude zip across a river gorge :eek::cool: (yikes). A minor strenuous bit of gravel trail/stair climbing is required before the first and before the 2nd platform.

After ziplining Danilo talked to the other tour operators there and found out where the Howler monkeys were hanging out that day. A short drive later into the middle of farm country we piled out of the van to take photos of a troop of Howlers hanging out in the treetops. A cute local kid who lived in a modest home across the street came out and offered to show us where iguanas hung out a few yards away. After we took photos of the iguanas he wouldn't take a tip but he did accept the offer of my submarine hat. ;)

We then opted to skip the banana plantation tour (did a drive-by photo-op instead) and headed directly to the beach for an al fresco seafood lunch of shrimp ceviche, fresh caught whole red snapper, and Imperial cervezas. Yum! (They had a full menu if seafood isn't your thing).

Then back to the port for shopping and to bid goodbye to the best run tour (and best tour bargain) we've ever had. $60 pp paid for everything (except lunch on the beach). I'll post photos later.

e.t.a.: One important detail I left out was that Danilo was constantly stopping the van to run over to the bushes and point out beautiful varieties of wild flowers, or fruits, or herbs, etc. It was like the world's coolest Botany lecture. :)

Thanks for all the tour info. I loved reading about your day. How much was an average lunch?

My large snapper was $13 (included mashed fried plantains), the shrimp ceviche was $8 or so, Cerveza's were $2 each, they added a 15% service charge automatically, so check your bill before you tip. Our service was quite spotty, with the first round of beer barely below room temperature, but the food was very good and worth the wait. The local brand of hot sauce was so good we went through 2 full bottles between the 8 of us, and bought 3 more to take home.

My large snapper was $13 (included mashed fried plantains), the shrimp ceviche was $8 or so, Cerveza's were $2 each, they added a 15% service charge automatically, so check your bill before you tip. Our service was quite spotty, with the first round of beer barely below room temperature, but the food was very good and worth the wait. The local brand of hot sauce was so good we went through 2 full bottles between the 8 of us, and bought 3 more to take home.

Thanks again for being so helpful. I like knowing what everything will cost up front so I know how much cash to bring with me. I'm sure there are others that have been or will be helped by your terrific review of this excursion. I know its helped me greatly.

• 3 weeks later...

Snorkel2much,

Thanks for all of your good information.

Do you remember about how long it took you to get from the pier to the zipline place?

Was there enough to do for the people that don't want to zipline?

Were the non-zipliners charged the same amount as the ones who ziplined?

Did you get back to the ship with plenty of time left?

Thanks for any info you can provide. I am in charge of a group of 19 friends and family, ages 13 to 85. I just want to make the right choice. Thanks for your help.

Kim :)

Snorkel2much,

Thanks for all of your good information.

Do you remember about how long it took you to get from the pier to the zipline place?

Was there enough to do for the people that don't want to zipline?

Were the non-zipliners charged the same amount as the ones who ziplined?

Did you get back to the ship with plenty of time left?

Thanks for any info you can provide. I am in charge of a group of 19 friends and family, ages 13 to 85. I just want to make the right choice. Thanks for your help.

Kim :)

It took about 30 minutes to get to ziplining, not counting the frequent stops for flora/fauna lectures/photos. They offered wagon rides through the jungle and horseback rides. Our one wagon rider paid $15 or $20 less I think, no one in our group rode horses. We had an hour to shop after returning, but could have made it longer or shorter by modifying our beach stop. Email Danilo and ask what other options he may have. You'll be the hero of your group for arranging it, I was. :D:cool:

Archived