Questions about the Golden?

San10s

We're heading on the Golden on 02/20/05 and was wondering if MUTS has been installed on her?

Also, anyone that has sailed the Golden have any favorite spots on her for getting away from the crowds.....or great views of coming in to ports? (We don't have a balcony this time :( )

Any insight into the different restaurants available would also be appreciated. Did you have a favorite waiter(s) or Matre D's in any of the dining rooms?

We have seen most of the Princess shows on our past four cruises but is there anything different we should see for entertainment? Lounge acts not to miss?

Thanks in advance for you information.

Judy

53 days and counting :D

We were on the Golden 12/5-12/12 and as of that time, no MUTS.

On our Southern Carribean cruise, aviding crowds did not seem all that tough :) Upper deck near the funnel was a good spot. Anywhere at night. We spent a lot of nigths in the aft hot tubs and never saw another person. For some reason, when the sun went down, people were not on deack even though it was not windy or by any means chilly- night time temps were near 80.

My only complaint is that the Pizza and burger bars were not open late enough. Both closed at 7PM, leaving main dining or the buffet. We did anytime dining.

I'm new to this board but have cruised many times. I don't want to sound stupid, BUT.....what are MUTS? I have never heard or seen this used before.:confused:

Movies Under The Stars... Currently built in the Caribbean Princess and recently added to the Grand Princess... Some of us like it, some of us don't.. ;)

If you want to be indoors at a secluded spot during the daytime, try heading up the Skywalkers Nightclub on deck 17 aft. Beautiful views from up there (bar service not open during the day). You'll be all by yourself for a change!

I second Kelfly's post! During the day Skywalkers is all but deserted. We loved to take a drink and sit up there and look at the panaramic views! It can get a little chilly there though! The Golden is a beautiful ship (we are biased though as that was our first cruise :) ) You'll have a great time!

Thanks for your insights and thoughts all. I think I am disappointed that MUTS isn't on the Golden. I really would like to try it....although I am not a big movie fan but my DH is. I know he would love watching Monday night football on MUTS. (Of course the Monday night games will be over with by the time we cruise on 02/20/05!)

I also am looking forward to Skywalkers. We have seen the Golden and the Grand with the suspended nightclub at the aft of the ship and figured it must be awesome being up there. :D

Judy

Here are a few of my fav. golden spots:

Go to skywalkers, and you should be able to find a cozy nook in a corner with a great view. It's not too crowded during the day.

Also, right under skywalker's, (the deck below, aft. ) ..there are these two huge hot tubs called the "oasis." They are never crowded, and give you a great aft. view!

....ssshhhh....stop telling people about those hot tubs and the Oasis bar ! OK, OK, we'll tell....it's also one of the best places to find a deck chair when the chair hogs have "reserved" everything remotely near the central pool area. Better be up there no later than 9 a.m. though!

Gene

Grand Princess 02/99

Ocean Princess 04/00

Ocean Princess 04/01

Carnival Pride 06/02

Adventure of the Seas 04/03

Golden Princess 02/04

Star Princess 04/05 !!!!

We're heading on the Golden on 02/20/05 and was wondering if MUTS has been installed on her?

Also, anyone that has sailed the Golden have any favorite spots on her for getting away from the crowds.....or great views of coming in to ports? (We don't have a balcony this time :( )

Any insight into the different restaurants available would also be appreciated. Did you have a favorite waiter(s) or Matre D's in any of the dining rooms?

We have seen most of the Princess shows on our past four cruises but is there anything different we should see for entertainment? Lounge acts not to miss?

Thanks in advance for you information.

We were just on the Golden for Christmas and absolutely loved it! MUTS has NOT been installed.

You know, we were prepared for huge crowds because of what we had read on these boards, but it really wasnt' that crowded. We never had a problem finding places to eat in the buffet dining room. We always found a lounge chair (although not right next to the pool, for that you have to get up VERY early and basically be a chair hog, which we refused to do!). I think that aft pool area was very nice and not crowded at all even during the day. We did find lounge chairs right at the back of the ship, along the railing and were able to watch us take off from Grenada. It was really beautiful. You can also get some really good views from the disco, which is quiet during the day.

In the Canneleto (sp?) dining room we had traditional first seating. Our waiter was from the Ukraine Lesya. She was just wonderful! Sewad, our assistant waiter was also excellent. They worked really well together as a team!

The cruise director's staff were really fun, especially Mario from Portugal (you have to roll your r's to get the full effect), and Shelby's dance lessons. Martin, the assistant cruise director was also great for fun and laughs!

Entertainment-wise the shows are all standard kind of lounge shows. . .there really wasn't anything that I would say "do not miss." We really enjoyed the Dance Party (putting to good use our dance lessons), all of the game shows, etc.

Have a great time!

Archived