Carnival Price Increase?

malteselover1

About 8 weeks ago the Early Saver price for 3 of us was approximately $3200.00 then it dropped about two weeks ago to around $2800.00 and now it keeps increasing about $30.00 per person every few days. The cruise we want to take isn't until next July. Should we go ahead and book in case in continues to go up or wait for it to drop again?

Does anyone know if there is a pattern to Carnival's increases and decreases?

Also, I talked to a TA today and she assures me if I tell her of a price drop that she will contact Carnival for the lower price, but she said she doesn't have time to check it every day. What do you think about that? Should I find someone else to do it or book it myself?

Thanks to everyone for your help! Can't wait to try "CRUISING"!!!!!:)

It really depends on each ship and sail date on how sales are going. Ours 2

cruises dropped about $550 about 5 weeks ago. But not on the same day about 4 days apart. Since then they have stayed the same every day. So it really

depends on each cruise.

Bottom line its up to YOU to watch prices. There software you can load onto

your windows PC to monitor your cruise and the price you paid. Thus you

can easy watch the price.

Good luck

Hi!

If you know that cruise is definitely the cruise you want to be on in July, then book it NOW! I'm not sure how familiar you are with the Early Saver program (it's pretty new), but if the price drops any time between the time you book and 2 days before you sail, you will be given the lower price. If you paid your final payment, then the difference will be given you in the form of Onboard Credit (OBC).

The only pattern Carnival follows for price is supply and demand. If a cruise is during a non-peak time, then the price is lower. If it is during a prime time, then the price is higher. As the sailing date gets closer, if the cabins aren't selling like hotcakes, then Carnival will drop the price, because they like to sail at full capacity.

Regarding TA vs. Carnival PVP, it's a matter of personal preference. I have no problem checking for price drops on the Carnival web site, so the only reason why I book through a TA, is if the agent can give me a promotional "extra," when I book, like OBC, free upgrade, free spa treatment, etc.

Good luck and happy sails!

its a big gamble...my alaska cruise has gone up, but my dream cruise has dropped over $200 pp.....I would book now, maybe it goes down and you get some money back...but if it goes up and you arent booked.....well...thats the price we pay.....carnival has been awesome honoring my price decreases....just got the email for my 4th decrease on the dream....

Archived