Island Princess Cruise Questions

kimchee1212

This is my first time being waitlisted for a dining choice, so I thought I'd ask a question and another while I'm at it.

-If you don't get the second seating traditional which I requested, do they place you automatically into anytime dining?

-If so, is it possible to request early traditional seating as a backup to that?

-Anyone stay in C511 (down from a balcony in Alaska :p) on the Island or Coral? :)

-About how many are able to get from the waiting list to second seating on average?

Thank you.

Yes, if you don't get your traditional choice, they will automatically place you into anytime. The early and late traditional waitlists are separate, so you must choose - if you switch, you forfeit your place on the other. I'm not sure of the average who are able to get off the waitlist. I'm sure it depends on a lot of factors - cancellations before final payment or just people changing their minds.

We managed to get off the early traditional waitlist (#420 at booking, #220 when we boarded) on our last Christmas cruise. So, there is hope! ;) If you want to get off the waitlist, make sure to go to the DR on embarkation day and talk with the Maitre D'. (The location/time will be listed in the patter.) Often spots will open up or they can fit you in somewhere. Your waitlist number doesn't matter much then, just first come first served, really. It's not a guarantee by any means, but worth a shot if you have your heart set on traditional. Hope this helps, good luck!

Yes, if you don't get your traditional choice, they will automatically place you into anytime. The early and late traditional waitlists are separate, so you must choose - if you switch, you forfeit your place on the other. I'm not sure of the average who are able to get off the waitlist. I'm sure it depends on a lot of factors - cancellations before final payment or just people changing their minds.

We managed to get off the early traditional waitlist (#420 at booking, #220 when we boarded) on our last Christmas cruise. So, there is hope! ;) If you want to get off the waitlist, make sure to go to the DR on embarkation day and talk with the Maitre D'. (The location/time will be listed in the patter.) Often spots will open up or they can fit you in somewhere. Your waitlist number doesn't matter much then, just first come first served, really. It's not a guarantee by any means, but worth a shot if you have your heart set on traditional. Hope this helps, good luck!

Just called Princess, turns out we're Number 5! :D

I think we'll be okay :)

Archived