Have you sailed in early November?

jerseygirl79

Just wondering what the weather is like in Miami and the Caribbean the first week of November?

Has anyone missed a port due to a storm?

My family always cruises early November. I did last year with them and the weather was great. There was a storm brewing though a day or two before we left and I do remember we just missed it. It was western Caribbean and it was HOT at all the ports!

We are going again at the beginning of this November.

We cruised middle of November last year, weather was hot most days, little cooler on the last day but definitely better than being in the snow storm they were getting in Michigan at the time!!

We did miss Grand Cayman becasue the sea was too rough for the tenders, didn't notice the waves on the ship but you would have certainly noticed it on the tenders. Just another day at sea instead - better than a day at work anyway.

We cruised in mid November, Western Carribean out of Everglades a few years ago. It rained every day of the cruise. We missed one port... too rough to dock and they turned us away. Tenders were bouncy but we made it ashore in Grand Caymen and Belize. Too chilly for water activities but the one in GC went anyway and I froze but my husband loved it. Belize we just hit the town because that excursion was cancelled. I was laughed at in Roatan and told if I did not like the rain do not travel in the rainy season. I really doubt that we would book again that late.

I will say regardless of the weather we still consider that to be the most relaxing cruise we were ever on. We have done 8 now.:)

We've sailed out of Bayonne/New York the past 3 years...first week of November. 3 years ago we missed NCL's private island due to rough seas but other than that, we have always had nice weather that week. Chilly leaving from here but it usually warms up pretty fast.

I see you are from Newark DE...my son is a junior at Udel...go Blue Hens! :D

We are cruising mid November, and are looking forward to it. I don't think there is a monsoon season in the Caribbean - it can rain any day of the year. Just pack a poncho!

About rough seas, that depends on if there is a storm system nearby. November is the last month of Hurricane Season, so there could be a tropical system around. There typically is not much bad weather close to the end of the season, but it is possible.

According to data in this report, 2009 will have less than normal hurricane activity. It's still a gamble, but this year the odds are better!

Archived