Eurodam cabins on deck 5

debsjc

I was just wondering why the midship cabins on Deck 5 are VE/VFs and the forward and aft cabins are VC

I always thought midship was generally a better position and therefore the highter category cabins. Are the VC's larger or have larger balconys?

I'm not sure but looking at the deck plans, I would say it's because they look out over the tops of the lifeboats that are on Deck 4. So if you're on your balcony and look down, you'd be looking at the top of the lifeboats.

But that's just a guess. :D

We have a VC for oct.10th and they told me there are no life boats under us.I do not like looking into the life boat.The only good is if you need to use one its right outside your door.I wish the VC was bigger.I want to upgrade but we also have a inside L for my daughter 13 and her friend.

Happy sailing

My wife and I are just back from the Baltic cruise on the Eurodam. We were in Cabin 5119 (VE) and were directly above the lifeboats on Deck 4. This concerned me prior to the cruise but in reality the only thing it affects is that you cant look directly downwards. It doesn't affect your view looking out.

Are the VC's larger or have larger balconys?

Yes. The VE and deck 5 VF have 4.5 ft deep balconies, while the VC (and all side VA and VB) have 6 ft deep balconies.

The four SZ on deck 5 also have the shallower balconies.

My wife and I are booked in Cabin 5186 on the 11/28 cruise to the Caribbean. This is an SC category. The configuration of the cabin appears different than SB and SA categories. Any body have any experience on the aft outside deluxe cabins.

Bob:)

Archived