Istanbul visa for Jade cruise

MsCruiserT

We're booked on the Oct 21 sailing of the Jade from Athens to Istanbul. A Turkish visa is required and NCL's website mentions they can "help" passengers obtain one onboard for a fee. Anyone who went on this cruise last year can tell me what the actual fee is and is it a quick process?

We're booked on the Oct 21 sailing of the Jade from Athens to Istanbul. A Turkish visa is required and NCL's website mentions they can "help" passengers obtain one onboard for a fee. Anyone who went on this cruise last year can tell me what the actual fee is and is it a quick process?

this is your roll call and the page the answer was on....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=18943595&highlight=#post18943595

after you have read it, go to the latest posts and join them!!

My friend Doreen is on your cruise(gogetters17) she had asked that question, on post number 102.. and they replied.

FROM THE NCL SITE:

Turkey: A visa is required for most guests traveling to Turkey. Guests who embark the ship in Turkey can obtain a visa upon arrival at Istanbul's airport. However, because of the possibility of lengthy delays, we recommend guests obtain a Turkish visa before leaving home. Further, there are certain nationalities whose visa must be issued by the Turkish Embassy. All guests are encouraged to go to the following web site (http://www.mfa.gov.tr/visa-informati...eigners.en.mfa) for a listing of restricted nationalities and information whether your specific nationality can obtain a visa at the border. Subsequently, passengers belonging to nationalities that require a visa issued by the embassy will be denied boarding if they do not possess such a visa. For passengers who can obtain a visa at the border, on cruises that end in Turkey, the Clearance Officer can arrange visas for guests on board with the visa cost plus a $15 service charge being applied to on board accounts accordingly. The cost for Turkish visas varies greatly and is based upon a person's citizenship

Thanks Jann and John! I'm a brand new member so still getting used to where all the information is posted. Pretty overwhelming!

if you go to top left of this page, you will see User CP( USER CONTROL PANEL), Click on that and then bookmark that page, or send that page to your desktop(that's what I do , and put in a cruise folder)

Then you can keep track of the posts you make anywhere...every time... if someone answers, you will see that there is a new post to your question, or whatever,all in the same place.

Then you can check out each different thread you "subscribe"to..

(which means everytime you write something you subscribe to that thread.)..you can also receive mail daily. check out the user cp and go from there.

By the way, the VISA requirement is different if you are only their for a day. So, if your ship is only stopping for a day and you get off and then back on, you will not need a visa.

And, as always your roll call is a great place to spend some time.

I am not sure about arrivals via cruise but last year it was $20 or $25 easily payable upon arrival at the airport. It was as simple a process as you can imagine. Essentially you just pay a cashier for a stamp they stick into your passport. Then you go through immigration with your arrival card.

I imagine it is just as easy arriving via cruise. Some have posted NCL will even procure the passport stamp for you and charge it to your onborad account (plus a small administrative fee). Then you can just proceed through immigration with your arrival card.

Charlie

I am not sure about arrivals via cruise but last year it was $20 or $25 easily payable upon arrival at the airport. It was as simple a process as you can imagine. Essentially you just pay a cashier for a stamp they stick into your passport. Then you go through immigration with your arrival card.

I imagine it is just as easy arriving via cruise. Some have posted NCL will even procure the passport stamp for you and charge it to your onborad account (plus a small administrative fee). Then you can just proceed through immigration with your arrival card.

Charlie

$60 USD CASH ONLY for Canadians.

this is your roll call and the page the answer was on....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=18943595&highlight=#post18943595

after you have read it, go to the latest posts and join them!!

My friend Doreen is on your cruise(gogetters17) she had asked that question, on post number 102.. and they replied.

FROM THE NCL SITE:

Turkey: A visa is required for most guests traveling to Turkey. Guests who embark the ship in Turkey can obtain a visa upon arrival at Istanbul's airport. However, because of the possibility of lengthy delays, we recommend guests obtain a Turkish visa before leaving home. Further, there are certain nationalities whose visa must be issued by the Turkish Embassy. All guests are encouraged to go to the following web site (http://www.mfa.gov.tr/visa-informati...eigners.en.mfa) for a listing of restricted nationalities and information whether your specific nationality can obtain a visa at the border. Subsequently, passengers belonging to nationalities that require a visa issued by the embassy will be denied boarding if they do not possess such a visa. For passengers who can obtain a visa at the border, on cruises that end in Turkey, the Clearance Officer can arrange visas for guests on board with the visa cost plus a $15 service charge being applied to on board accounts accordingly. The cost for Turkish visas varies greatly and is based upon a person's citizenship

I know you got this from the NCL site but it is drivel. There are NO delays for anyone getting a visa either at the airport or any where else. At the airport you purchase them for cash at windows. It takes at most 5 minutes. Its less then the amount you will pay for the one at the Embassy/consulate. You don't need any pictures or sending your passport or anything else.

For Canadians they do charge you more(its was 15 euros for me or $20 US) but that is what you will have to pay at the Embassy/consulate anyway.

308382201_turkishvisa-1.jpg.499496dd34f850af86789d73d4587181.jpg

nope not me....others posters gave another poster this answer

(re-read my post)

it is still drivel and frankly shouldn't be repeated....Many things on the NCL site are just wrong....

look at the port Directions for NY. They say a cab from EWR to the cruise terminal in Manhattan is $25.00! Maybe in 1941(yes I know there wasn't an airport then) 30 miles from LGA to the port terminal in Manhattan boy did that cab driver take them for a ride(its less than 10).

....Many things on the NCL site are just wrong....

We can only take statements from them at face value, but I always would check direct with the country I am travelling to....and have NEVER had any problems....yet.

I was only passing on info for a new poster to show where and how she could get the info needed, that's why I directed her to her ACTUAL rollcall, where others have asked the same ????'S

We sailed Jade 2008 and flew into Istanbul from NY. The Visa area was clearly marked and there were no lines. I foregot what we paid, but I had US money, which was taken with no question. Got a cool stamp in my passport. Just bring some small US money-dollars, 10, 20 and you will be fine. All they want is the money.

By the way, the Turkish people are lovely. The tours-ships-were great. They could not do enough for us.

Archived